Crash for cash!

Adam_

Exactly the reasons I installed mine yesterday £30 all in. Obviously its not the best. It will do for summer. Once it starts getting dark/weather sets in. I will go for a decent one and put the one I have in the rear window.

• Like 1

I really need to invest in a dash cam

Nothing new but still quite shocking to see.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/crash-cash-video-shows-driver-3625158

In the first clip it was claimed that the driver deliberately turned his car 90 degrees in front of the truck.  Rubbish!  Watch the driver's hands on the steering wheel - they don't move.  And a car turning at 90 degrees? - please!  It is the truck hitting the rear quarter of the car that turns it at 90 degrees.  It doesn't look like a staged accident to me - just poor driving.

• Like 1

I don't think that's a crash for cash video.

They wouldn't do something like that as the truck driver would not be at fault.

They normally pull in front and slam the brakes on.

Phil

• Like 1

Exactly the reasons I installed mine yesterday £30 all in. Obviously its not the best. It will do for summer. Once it starts getting dark/weather sets in. I will go for a decent one and put the one I have in the rear window.

What did you get for that amount? I am definitely interested in getting something

It's no so much that the crashes are deliberate more that the description of the accidents where false. With the at fault driver/rider blaming the innocent party or exaggerating.

It's no so much that the crashes are deliberate more that the description of the accidents where false. With the at fault driver/rider blaming the innocent party or exaggerating.

This.

The second video of the car swerving infront of the lorry is a pure scam attempt though.

This.

The second video of the car swerving infront of the lorry is a pure scam attempt though.

Nah, the car that got hit nearly rear ended another one in lane 3, avoids it by diving across in front of the truck with all the signs and finally gets hit by the truck with the cam in lane 1. A bit unfortunate he didn't keep going and end up on the grass. He was too close to the car in front (Fiesta?) and not paying attention to what was happening further up the road. You can see all the brake lights come on ahead of the accident. Genuine accident caused by the driver of the people carrier that they tried to blame on the truck. Very good case for having a camera to prove who caused it!

aye two people in the hit car often seems to multiply to 10

I was told a story by an ex bus driver I work with - A driver in a Mercedes pulled in front and slammed on as the bus was setting on from a bus stop, the bus hit the back of the car at around walking speed, there was just the driver in the Mercedes.

It went to court as the stories were different and the insurance companies were both appealing it.

Photos were brought to court of the 'written off' Mercedes. Pictures showing a car that looking as though it had hit a Challenger 2 tank at seventy miles an hour. This combined with the fact that APPARENTLY the car had four passengers, five including the driver, in the car at the time and they had all suffered severe whiplash and injuries. Things looked bad for the bus company and driver.

The bus's defence?

Video footage of the entire incident - showing in crisp detail the small dent on the back bumper and bonnet. As well as the driver, and only the driver. Being in the car at the time.

Unbelievable.

JRJG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told a story by an ex bus driver I work with - A driver in a Mercedes pulled in front and slammed on as the bus was setting on from a bus stop, the bus hit the back of the car at around walking speed, there was just the driver in the Mercedes.

It went to court as the stories were different and the insurance companies were both appealing it.

Photos were brought to court of the 'written off' Mercedes. Pictures showing a car that looking as though it had hit a Challenger 2 tank at seventy miles an hour. This combined with the fact that APPARENTLY the car had four passengers, five including the driver, in the car at the time and they had all suffered severe whiplash and injuries. Things looked bad for the bus company and driver.

The bus's defence?

Video footage of the entire incident - showing in crisp detail the small dent on the back bumper and bonnet. As well as the driver, and only the driver. Being in the car at the time.

Unbelievable.

JRJG

The problem being they lose and face costs. What should happen is an automatic charge of fraud.

• Like 2

The problem being they lose and face costs. What should happen is an automatic charge of fraud.

Yep, banging the driver and his 4 mates in prison may make them think twice about it.

The bus's defence?

Unbelievable.

JRJG

Any idea what happened to the lying piece of poo? 

Any idea what happened to the lying piece of poo? 

Not sure mate it was quite a while back.

Doubt it would of been much more than having to pay for the court costs - insurance payout - and a fine perhaps?

JRJG

I don't think that's a crash for cash video.

They wouldn't do something like that as the truck driver would not be at fault.

They normally pull in front and slam the brakes on.

Phil

This is true. My area (Burnley) was one of the worst in the country to get insured on because of idiots like these on the road. You'd read about it on facebook & twitter, people you know being scammed like this on their way to & from work. The M65 was a hot spot for this to happen too. Young lds with nothing better to do than risk their own lives for a cheeky 10K for free, which is probably wasted on McKenzie tracksuits and cheap cider. Grrr!!

It would help if the insurers actually put up a fight instead of immediately caving 'as its cheaper'.

I've had dashcams in our cars for a long time now.

That is virtually word for word what Mrs R's insurance company said when I tackled them and suggested a fraudulent claim in the making, about the cretinous wummun who was claiming whipcash following the missus backing into her car at the fuel pumps 12 months ago at approx 1 mph.

The cow even tried to claim for a new bumper, number plate, headlight, grille, bonnet and n/s wing!!!  :no:

Small scratch on Mrs R's rear bumper.

Edited by Mr Ree

There is a new scam on the way in the midlands at the min when your waiting at a junction and the nice man or lady flashes the lights to let you out !!!!! Make sure they are going to stop or slow down these people are just playing along then crashing straight into the side of your car

Problem is not sure even a dash cam would be able to prove anything in these case,these people are just scum and should be dealt with according

There is a new scam on the way in the midlands at the min when your waiting at a junction and the nice man or lady flashes the lights to let you out !!!!! Make sure they are going to stop or slow down these people are just playing along then crashing straight into the side of your car

Problem is not sure even a dash cam would be able to prove anything in these case,these people are just scum and should be dealt with according

Side facing cams next?  :notme:

• Like 1