Garmin PID Unit

Hyphons

How come Garmin are constantly updating the software all the time yet Navigon isn't ?

They are one and the same company. The older Navigon-branded units don't have enough memory for the newer features (live services, for example) so most of the development is for the newer Garmin-branded ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Does the update to version 7.14.11 work for all of you? After updating, my PID won't boot properly. It shows the start-up screen for a few seconds (stating the SW versions), but then goes blank, then start-up screen, then blank etc.... I have the Garmin-branded version of the PID.

I have just updated my PID to 7.14.11 today and it appears to be working all ok.

The update said it contained the following;

- Bug fixes in the BT functionality

- Support of DAB radios

- Adding additional radio logos

- Bug fixes in the support of the electric variant

- Live menu can also be selected during navigation

• 2 weeks later...

I have just updated my PID to 7.14.11 today and it appears to be working all ok.

Well, then it seems to only be a problem with my unit and/or update procedure. Have tried restoring factory settings before updating with no luck. Guess I have to contact Garmin next.

• 2 weeks later...

Wah! I just updated my Garmin PID to the 7.14.11 version! Works much better now, the touch screen is much more accurate/responsive like it was on the original software post last update!

Also the big news! It's reading txt messages from my iPhone 5C - Awesome :-)

Edited by daveface

Also the big news! It's reading txt messages from my iPhone 5C - Awesome :-)

How is it managing that? Garmin say the iPhones lack the necessary BT support - i.e. it's an iPhone problem, not a Garmin one. It certainly doesn't work with my 5s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't know, either Garmin or Apple have updated their software! I'm not lying look....lol

7DC4AE12-14DC-4C16-8049-D3C6F225A2F6_zps

550408DD-E1D0-4B40-868F-01770A0DF777_zps

Obviously my 5C is more advanced than the 5S ;-) haha

Edited by daveface

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if there is a way to put the latest Garmin software on the old Navigon PID or is there hardware changes inside?