Rear bumper Protector VRS Estate

My local Skoda dealer did an interesting fix, took a mk2 Octavia clear protector and trimmed it to fit the MK3 looks good.

This type of protector worked fantastically well on my partner Fabia vRS for her large Collie. She had it for 2 year REGULARLY USING THE BOOT FOR THE DOG.

Not a mark on the car.

Only wish they used the same supplier /product for the mk3.

@ Crogers, can I just confirm you have a hatchback and not an estate. Rearguards themselves say they don't have one that will fit, but if you've got it on, that'll do for me.

Their site says they have one for the hatch ????

http://www.rearguards.co.uk/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=RBP603&sid=0zf26q3ys58a0cd8rx92s60ng2587pmp

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody got any tips on fitting the Rearguard on an estate. Mine arrived today and on offering it up it does not quite follow the curve of the bumper, without a little help. As it is instant fix I'm a bit wary, as you only get one chance of getting it right.

Has anybody got any tips on fitting the Rearguard on an estate. Mine arrived today and on offering it up it does not quite follow the curve of the bumper, without a little help. As it is instant fix I'm a bit wary, as you only get one chance of getting it right.

All I did was follow the instructions, although I cleaned it first, then dried it, then used the solvent wipe and then peeled the tape slightly, positioned the guard and pulled the rest of the tape out. Worked OK on mine.

All I did was follow the instructions, although I cleaned it first, then dried it, then used the solvent wipe and then peeled the tape slightly, positioned the guard and pulled the rest of the tape out. Worked OK on mine.

Thanks for the reply.

So are you saying you started one end? I offered mine up 'dry' and it needs needs pushing in 5-10mm each end to follow the curve of the bumper.

Thanks for the reply.

So are you saying you started one end? I offered mine up 'dry' and it needs needs pushing in 5-10mm each end to follow the curve of the bumper.

I think if mine was like that, I would peel the tape a little at each end, stick one end in position, then start at the other end to fix the guard in position.

Might be worth a call/e-mail to rearguards to clarify with them though.

I bought one of these in standard black. Delivered in a couple of days and fitted as soon as car picked up.

Just done a camping weekend at LeMans in it with bikes in the back (Estate) and worth its weight. Couple of times I know it saved my paint from my clumsiness trying to get stuff in and out.

• Like 1

Just bought this one for my 2012 FL vRS hatch.

http://www.rearguards.co.uk/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=RBP242&sid=te63492wgc436z58m0k32y79hmj364tn

The web-site says it is only for the 2007/2008 model but it fits my car perfectly.  It covers far more of the rear bumper than any other guard I have seen.

I have a black car and bought the standard matt black protector as I was unwilling to pay an extra £8.93 for a 'non-standard' finish.  A polish with 'back to black' will probably give a closer match to the car's paintwork.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Decided to go with the OEM gloss black one for mine, yes it only offers limited protection and really could do with some protection of its own but the look of it has really grown on me and IMO it should have come from the factory like this.

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3178.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hmmm as just have 2 mad spaniel, went to my local skoda dealer today, and was told that the bumper protector doesn't fit vrs estate. Did you have to mod it at all?

Hmmm as just have 2 mad spaniel, went to my local skoda dealer today, and was told that the bumper protector doesn't fit vrs estate. Did you have to mod it at all?

It's available to add on the car configuratior to spec on a new one so think they may have read the system wrong