Rear bumper Protector VRS Estate

(Seem to have lost my reply? Here goes again)

I got a load of stuff from Superskoda on Friday. Front mud flaps, sill protectors and sunscreens.

I went for the s.steel bumper protector to match the chrome rear badges on my big blue:post-57991-0-91304100-1457892633_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A pic of the Milotec protector fitted on a not so clean car. I carefully heated up the bumper (to about 30DegC) and the adhesive strips on the protector after cleaning the surface down and prior to fitting. The Milotec protector is ABS plastic and to be honest I was a bit disappointed with it initially but now that it's installed and doing the job I'm not too worried about it. Fit and finish is good on it but it'd be nicer if it had some metal on it to match with the chrome on the car.

post-136622-0-45066200-1458249205_thumb.png

Need to get one of these for my Scout before our dogs scratch the bumper to pieces. Can anyone comment on how easy these are likely to be to remove as the car is leased and I need to be able to hand it back without addons at the end of the lease period.

Ended up witht the super skoda option due to postage costs. Looks very nice and mounts with double sided tape. So should be easy enough to remove later on. Re the dog, we just keep a small mat in the back that is laid over the bumper when the hound climbs in.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Got my rear guard on today, took seconds to put it on, fit is great. Very happy.

25733326746_04b6209e22_b.jpg

Rear_Guard by Rob E, on Flickr

Just need to decide if i'm going to de-badge this one..

Do it! I debadged my meteor and it looks so much cleaner. Yours would be more so with the black tail pipe trims

• Like 1

Do it! I debadged my meteor and it looks so much cleaner. Yours would be more so with the black tail pipe trims

I just ordered some matt black plastidip - i'm going to try the badges in black first, see if i like that more.  If not, they're coming off!

• 4 months later...

Decided to go with the OEM gloss black one for mine, yes it only offers limited protection and really could do with some protection of its own but the look of it has really grown on me and IMO it should have come from the factory like this.

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3178.jpg

Well having checked this thread out & seeing what rearguard to go for! I decided on the superskoda one above  B) mainly due to the way it looks, which I prefer & the gloss black is more like the Monte Carlo black to match my rear skoda badge, It was a hard choice to make between the superskoda guard & rearguards.co.uk, definitely the rearguards.co.uk offers more in protection & the fitment is definitely a lot better as it does cover the whole top half of the bumper but I don't use mine for my dog, the dog gets in the other car, its only tools going in & out of my estate boot so that's why I went with the superskoda version.

What I did do first, was apply some clear film protection to the rear bumper & after a few weeks, I then applied the superskoda rearguard on top. I'll get a few pictures later on today & post them up  :thumbup: but this thread has been very helpful but more uming and erring from my side of things as I just could not make up my mind of what version to go for  :D

IMG_5901_zpslxckg4tb.jpg

IMG_5895_zpsqcilhj0k.jpg

IMG_5902_zpsb9y0jfym.jpg

Very nice Batvan... Think I'll go for the superskoda one too.

I have candy white combi with black pack plus, should tie in nicely..

Need to get those blacked out Skoda badges too. Did you get them from superskoda too....?

A bit pricey at €40 each though

• Like 1

Yeah k3vkr all from superskoda mate  B) the black will look nice I think especially on candy white & you have the black pack so will tie in nicely  :thumbup: €40 each badge is a lot to pay out for badges especially as I purchased 2 but it was worth it in the end, as I find the look of the car I feel is much better, also superskoda's stuff is quality.

With the rear guard protector, just take your time when fitting & use masking tape to line it up with, which you can always peel of easy after you have installed the rear guard, the superskoda guard doe's not cover the whole boot/bumper like the rearguards.co.uk ones do but the actual colour is spot on to match the black pack, depends how you want to install the rear guard on the rear bumper, so people have it close to the boot but I wanted it closer to the bumper lip  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Yeah k3vkr all from superskoda mate  B) the black will look nice I think especially on candy white & you have the black pack so will tie in nicely  :thumbup: €40 each badge is a lot to pay out for badges especially as I purchased 2 but it was worth it in the end, as I find the look of the car I feel is much better, also superskoda's stuff is quality.

With the rear guard protector, just take your time when fitting & use masking tape to line it up with, which you can always peel of easy after you have installed the rear guard, the superskoda guard doe's not cover the whole boot/bumper like the rearguards.co.uk ones do but the actual colour is spot on to match the black pack, depends how you want to install the rear guard on the rear bumper, so people have it close to the boot but I wanted it closer to the bumper lip  :thumbup:

Thanks for the tips...

Think I will go for the outside edge aswell... I have two dogs and there's more chance of their paws catching the edge area than right in at the boot I think (hope) :D  

• Like 2

Thanks for the tips...

Think I will go for the outside edge aswell... I have two dogs and there's more chance of their paws catching the edge area than right in at the boot I think (hope) :D  

yep I have 2 dogs and the rearguard is perfect

• Like 2