My first combi L&K

I have the full size 18" wheel and toolkit in my present Superb II Facelift Estate L&K 2014 model. Fits perfectly, I have had this wheel and toolkit in my last three Super II cars and a previous estate. How have other owners not been able to fit would be most interested to know why some vehicles in the same range have different boot floor pans. My previous year Superbs 2008, 2012, 2013, 2014.

Now we're talking guys :D, thank God I can get 18' then

Cheers

So has somebody fitted roof box which size was around 210 x 100 x 42

Would appreciate any thoughts

Kes

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

No an 18 wouldn't fit. I tried a 17 before and I don't think it fitted. That moulded area under the floor is a standard size AFAIK and my 16" spare just fits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now we're talking guys :D, thank God I can get 18' then

Cheers

So has somebody fitted roof box which size was around 210 x 100 x 42

Would appreciate any thoughts

Kes

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The width of that box might be a bit too wide for the whispbars. From memory the width between the inner edges of the roof rails is less than 100cm, but you might wanna check...

I have the full size 18" wheel and toolkit in my present Superb II Facelift Estate L&K 2014 model. Fits perfectly, I have had this wheel and toolkit in my last three Super II cars and a previous estate. How have other owners not been able to fit would be most interested to know why some vehicles in the same range have different boot floor pans. My previous year Superbs 2008, 2012, 2013, 2014.

Don`t know if it makes any difference but my car is 2010 Elegance

Hmmm....interesting.  You both have estates, is the floor different from the hatch maybe?  Those pics look different to mine, there is much more clearance around your spare.

No an 18 wouldn't fit. I tried a 17 before and I don't think it fitted. That moulded area under the floor is a standard size AFAIK and my 16" spare just fits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But what about Ashfans photos with 18' in place? and normal tire on? Just curious

The width of that box might be a bit too wide for the whispbars. From memory the width between the inner edges of the roof rails is less than 100cm, but you might wanna check...

Yes I know, between bars is about 95cm, but boxes 100cm is not the bottom measurement 

Hmmm....interesting.  You both have estates, is the floor different from the hatch maybe?  Those pics look different to mine, there is much more clearance around your spare.

So I guess, I better check mine, how it looks first :D, but it's strange that they have different recesses if it's true 

I haven't looked at a Superb hatchback but it would seem they are different to the estate. There is a fair bit of clearance around the wheel. It's as if the space was designed for an 18" wheel

I haven't looked at a Superb hatchback but it would seem they are different to the estate. There is a fair bit of clearance around the wheel. It's as if the space was designed for an 18" wheel

It looks like they are different, so hopefully mine should be the same like yours ;)

Just a quick question, is there a place where I could buy Sirius alloy, or I have to go to Skoda?

Thanks

Kes

Hope you're not asking me there. I have no idea what a Sirius alloy looks like. I don't even know what mine are called lol

:D, Sirius is L&K alloys :D, just thinking where to get them, cause they are a bit costy, so thought maybe someone knows where to get them a bit cheaper ;)

Hi Guys,

just a couple of comments - hope they help.  possibly slight difference of opinion.... or definition of wot fits.

I have a 60 plate (dec.2010) Superb estate Elegance with the 16 inch "space saver" spare.

Spending holidays in Europe/Germany I have the view as you, ie. want to be able to change tyre & get moving - after all try getting a replacement on a Sunday with 500km left to drive :-(

Now IMO if you have to, you can get an 18 inch in the spare wheel trough but when you lower the floor it will stand proud buy about an Inch (or so).  Therefore if you have a full load (floor to roof) please leave a couple of inches gap & although tight, you should be able to get everything in again.  I've not had to do it fortunately.

with regard to definition of space saver.... although a slightly diff size tyre - I would make sure this goes on the rear axel & then I would feel comfortable to drive along at Autobahn speeds for the rest of the journey.

I know it says 50mph but I may be wrong but on a lower spec car its for +100mph so hence on rear axel, take easy at first check after 50-100mls & then plough on.... I think Skoda put limit on to cover themselves.

re. Roof bars, I have Thule wipa bars, great no impact on noise or speed &even with roof box on of the size you're talking about 650ltr (an old halfords one - very similar to Thule atlantic 900 (I think). so about 1m wide & about 1.90m long.

car is fine no issues & little impact on speed or consumption.

one thing I can say is that during a local mini hurricane in a Austrian Valley a fair size tree was blown onto the car - diagonally across it - weighed about 150-200kgs & luckily the box was empty and it acted like a massive airbag!

Box was deflated but popped up after the tree was lifted off.

Bars & Box saved the car & unbelievably almost no damage... I'll try get a photo for you!

Cheers

Stef

Hi Guys,

just a couple of comments - hope they help.  possibly slight difference of opinion.... or definition of wot fits.

I have a 60 plate (dec.2010) Superb estate Elegance with the 16 inch "space saver" spare.

Spending holidays in Europe/Germany I have the view as you, ie. want to be able to change tyre & get moving - after all try getting a replacement on a Sunday with 500km left to drive :-(

Now IMO if you have to, you can get an 18 inch in the spare wheel trough but when you lower the floor it will stand proud buy about an Inch (or so).  Therefore if you have a full load (floor to roof) please leave a couple of inches gap & although tight, you should be able to get everything in again.  I've not had to do it fortunately.

with regard to definition of space saver.... although a slightly diff size tyre - I would make sure this goes on the rear axel & then I would feel comfortable to drive along at Autobahn speeds for the rest of the journey.

I know it says 50mph but I may be wrong but on a lower spec car its for +100mph so hence on rear axel, take easy at first check after 50-100mls & then plough on.... I think Skoda put limit on to cover themselves.

re. Roof bars, I have Thule wipa bars, great no impact on noise or speed &even with roof box on of the size you're talking about 650ltr (an old halfords one - very similar to Thule atlantic 900 (I think). so about 1m wide & about 1.90m long.

car is fine no issues & little impact on speed or consumption.

one thing I can say is that during a local mini hurricane in a Austrian Valley a fair size tree was blown onto the car - diagonally across it - weighed about 150-200kgs & luckily the box was empty and it acted like a massive airbag!

Box was deflated but popped up after the tree was lifted off.

Bars & Box saved the car & unbelievably almost no damage... I'll try get a photo for you!

Cheers

Stef

Would appreciate photo mate, cause I have no idia how it'll look with that size box, I'm looking at this one http://www.faradworld.com/en/785-baule-portapacchi-farad-marlin-f3-680l-nero-lucido.html should look good I think

Cheers

Kes

I'll still try to get 18', I'm just getting a bit confused, but still I think 18' should go just fine

The other think is cause I'm thinking to do like 6000 mile trip, so would like to have a good replacement if needed ;)

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa361/stefandtracy/IMG_0497.jpg

taken me all the time to do this hope it works...

afraid photo with tree too.....lol

funny now wasn't then!

Edited by sk8tergirl

Will check the spare in my estate, but I seem to remember there being a reasonable amount of spare height above the spare wheel - we're only talking about an extra 2cm, right?

Enjoy your euro trip Kes.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa361/stefandtracy/IMG_0496.jpg

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa361/stefandtracy/IMG_0494.jpg

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa361/stefandtracy/IMG_0493.jpg

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa361/stefandtracy/IMG_0492.jpg

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa361/stefandtracy/IMG_0491.jpg

will these win any prizes for the photo competition?

I like my cars to be in goo nick but the damage was so slight that we have not had anything repaired (had it checked out though).

2 small dents (which I'm sure dent master could sort) and a few scuffs that polished out!

If no roof box/bars I reckon windscreen & roof replacement & possibly bonnet & lights etc. as we felt it could have dropped if box and bars hadn't have held it.

Day 2 of holiday has never really been forgotten....

Kids to grateful I had taken bikes out in the morning!!!

Edited by sk8tergirl

Will check the spare in my estate, but I seem to remember there being a reasonable amount of spare height above the spare wheel - we're only talking about an extra 2cm, right?

Yep I reckon so.

Rgds

Oh  that is yep a bit of space to fit larger wheel/tyre but not enough & hence floor will also be lifted by about 2cm

Edited by sk8tergirl

I suppose yes :D, I'm checking it tomorrow

I definitely will enjoy mate ;)

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa361/stefandtracy/IMG_0497.jpg

taken me all the time to do this hope it works...

afraid photo with tree too.....lol

funny now wasn't then!

That looks so painful :(, and seriously nothing really happend to a car?

And I think that extra 20cm wouldn't make a lot of a difference really, cause yours is 190cm isn't it? The one I'm looking at is 210cm :)

Edited by metlovas

That looks so painful :(, and seriously nothing really happend to a car?

And I think that extra 20cm wouldn't make a lot of a difference really, cause yours is 190cm isn't it? The one I'm looking at is 210cm :)

I can take pics of the "damage" so you can see - its almost laughable..... it was almost tears when I first set eyes on it..... might have been a few four letter words but a mile down the valley a house lost  its roof!  Could have been worse!

It does make me think it has be pretty well built.

To make it even more impressive the roof box (which yes - I think about 190-195cm) which belongs to our neighbour popped up again (with a loud bang when the branches were lifted off) & it came back with us fully functional (well it might leak a bit).  I was really amazed and can laugh now but really not impressed at time!

ps. hope you enjoy your hols too (& don't park near trees... LOL)

2.10m I reckon no problem - we have our own box only 50cm wide & 2.35m long & that looks fine too - just make sure you check you can open tailgate.... carefully :)

Edited by sk8tergirl

I can take pics of the "damage" so you can see - its almost laughable..... it was almost tears when I first set eyes on it..... might have been a few four letter words but a mile down the valley a house lost  its roof!  Could have been worse!

It does make me think it has be pretty well built.

To make it even more impressive the roof box (which yes - I think about 190-195cm) which belongs to our neighbour popped up again (with a loud bang when the branches were lifted off) & it came back with us fully functional (well it might leak a bit).  I was really amazed and can laugh now but really not impressed at time!

ps. hope you enjoy your hols too (& don't park near trees... LOL)

2.10m I reckon no problem - we have our own box only 50cm wide & 2.35m long & that looks fine too - just make sure you check you can open tailgate.... carefully :)

Yes had a look at tailgate today, and I think it should be just fine ;)

Trust me I wouldn't go no where close to them trees... LOL

But indeed you got so lucky with that tree, I'm amazed :), so good built quality of both then, cars and roof boxes :D