Fabia Estate Ceases Production 13th June 2014

Hi All, have been looking for a nearly new Fabia Elegance Estate 1.2 with DSG in white for a while now with no luck, started to consider buying new as good second hand models are going for little less than a discounted new car, but having mentioned this to my local dealer today he informed me that Fabia Estate ceased production today.

Has anyone else heard this?

He also suggested that the new Fabial 3 version will not be produced in estate form, just like the vRS which has been rumoured for some time now.

I know the new Fabia is supposed to be bigger than existing one, but surprised if they do drop the estate, but hey, what car manufacturers do often puzzles me.

You see a lot of estates around, so I'd be very surprised.

One of the things Skoda does right is an estate car that's smallish.

Hopefully he is just trying to persuade you to buy now.

Just to confirm, the Fabia Estate can no longer be ordered, as of today.

The last cars will be built at the end of July so there 'should' be a decent supply of stock cars.

• Like 2

The last cars will be built at the end of July so there 'should' be a decent supply of stock cars.

Well I hope they do a mk3 version as I've always gone for the estate... 

• Like 1

Well I hope they do a mk3 version as I've always gone for the estate... 

I think they'd be mad not to Richard. Not to everyones taste but most marques you have to step up in to a whole new range, the Fabia Estate gives the extra space but without growing too big  :thumbup: 

• Like 1

The two different sales people told me in May that they had already stopped taking orders for the estate.

So there is some miscommunication going on somewhere.

Fabia Estate ordering closes Friday 13 June
11 June 2014 Quota will not be forced, so you don’t have to place stock orders

SK0603-14

Fabia Estate ordering closes at 5.30pm on Friday 13 June. Customer orders placed in SLi after that time will not be built.

Quota will not be forced on Fabia Estate, so you don’t have to place stock orders.

No Fabia Estate cars will be built after week 31 (starting 28 July). 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The above is straight from the horses mouth.

• Like 2

Whatever may happen with the Mk. II Estate, I find it really hard to believe that Skoda will not have a Fabia Mk. III Estate. It is perfectly proportioned and a great shape for a city and touring car. Furthermore, I would speculate that any Estate has much greater sales potential than a Mk. III vRS.

I for one am eagerly looking forward to a 21st Century Fabia Mk. III Estate with a 1.4 turbocharged (but not twincharged) petrol engine with 7 speed DSG and will be first in line when they are announced :)

• Like 2

Sometimes the very First Built off a production line are the best, this was often the case with Seat.

Cars going to Media for Road Tests & Reviews and the earliest models off to Dealerships for Demonstrators,

cars off to Leasing & Hire Companies so that they are seen on the road.

and some lucky private buyers ordering early might get a cracker delivered to a Dealers.

But personally i prefer to see how others get on with New Models before committing to buying,

(you can search out one of the first builds for 'much cheapness' if they were good ones & problem free.)

Skoda have turned out a fair few new Citigo, Rapids & Mk3 Octavias with Snagging Faults in the past 2 years.

Hopefully with the time they have had to Design & Engineer the Fabia MK2 FL Replacement they have everything perfect for the UK Market.

Picked up on the Quality Control.

Looking forward to see just what Skoda are about to reveal in October.

or Online in September.

??

When does a new Briskoda Forum Section get started covering the MK2 replacement,

is it once the car is 'Official'. & has a name?

george

Sometimes the very First Built off a production line are the best, this was often the case with Seat.

Cars going to Media for Road Tests & Reviews and the earliest models off to Dealerships for Demonstrators,

and some lucky private buyers ordering early might get a cracker delivered to a Dealers.

But personally i prefer to see how others get on with New Models before committing to buying,

(you can search out one of the first builds for 'much cheapness' if they were good ones & problem free.)

Skoda have turned out a fair few new Citigo, Rapids & Mk3 Octavias with Snagging Faults in the past 2 years.

Hopefully with the time they have had to Design & Engineer the Fabia MK2 FL Replacement they have everything perfect for the UK Market.

Picked up on the Quality Control.

Looking forward to see just what Skoda are about to reveal in October.

or Online in September.

??

When does a new Briskoda Forum Section get started covering the MK2 replacement,

is it once the car is 'Official'. & has a name?

george

you know what, I would agree with the first statement... our citigo was a "press car" and wasn't taxed for its first 1,100 miles, it was just given to journo's at tracks and private places to rag around in!

and you know what, apart from a cracked heat shield, its been fine... none of the NUMEROUS niggles people are complaining about in the citigo section! 

Oh , and I gotta say "cool" to the OP..... I have a vRS estate, gotta be rare! (how many are there george?!) 

on a serious not to answer OP, I'm SURE there will be a NEW 1.2 DSG being delivered and built that havent been sold yet.... we nearly got a new citigo that way, but prefered the deal on the ex skoda car....

ask your dealer to put you on a list as wanting one, and they will look for them comming in! :)

Oh , and I gotta say "cool" to the OP..... I have a vRS estate, gotta be rare! (how many are there george?!) 

on a serious not to answer OP, I'm SURE there will be a NEW 1.2 DSG being delivered and built that havent been sold yet.... we nearly got a new citigo that way, but prefered the deal on the ex skoda car....

ask your dealer to put you on a list as wanting one, and they will look for them comming in! :)

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=Skoda+Fabia+vRS

Not sure how accurate it is...

I wonder if ŠKODA will replace the Roomster and Fabia Estate with a subcompact crossover SUV like the Renault Captur and Opel Mokka.

These SUVs seem to be popular as the new Renault Clio Estate is not being offered for sale in the UK.

As to the Rapid Spaceback being an alternative to the Fabia Estate, you would think so wouldn't you, but looking at the poor CO2 levels and fuel consumption figures I decided against it.  This is looking at the 1.4 122PS model as I want a car with DSG.

If only they had put the Octavia 1.4 TSI 140PS engine in it,  which betters it in acceleration, fuel consumption and CO2 levels, it would have been a brilliant option! But no, they put some old inefficient engine in it, probably so that it wouldn't outperform the more upmarket Octavia model, that's my theory anyway.

Edited by car4forty
  • Like 2

I wonder if ŠKODA will replace the Roomster and Fabia Estate with a subcompact crossover SUV like the Renault Captur and Opel Mokka.

These SUVs seem to be popular as the new Renault Clio Estate is not being offered for sale in the UK.

I read some where that Skoda are going to manufacture the new Seat crossover type vehicle so why not make a version for themselves.......

I read some where that Skoda are going to manufacture the new Seat crossover type vehicle so why not make a version for themselves.......

The Seat/ŠKODA SUV is based on the MQB platform which means it's a Compact crossover SUV  like the Volkswagen Tiguan

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-seat-suv-be-built-skoda

This means that there is still room in the line up to for a smaller SUV based model.

Edited by AJR77

There's a small crossover/SUV based on a stretched Up/Mii/Citygo platform planned as well.

I think there will be an estate Fabia built as the Seat Ibiza ST is quite a common sight alongside the existing Fabia Combi.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/taigun/85584/updated-vw-taigun-concept-unveiled

Edited by Gazbull17
  • Like 1

That's quite interesting, as my 57 plate estate was an ex-demo and I was told at the time of purchase that it was one of the first Mk2 Fabia estates to arrive in the country, a year or so before I bought it. Presumably it would have been one if the first estates off the production line. I've had no mechanical, electrical or build quality issues whatsoever, so maybe it had extra special attention at the factory. I'd like to think so anyway!