Picked up my Mk III vRS today

I picked up my Mk III vRS today and am totally happy. I liked my Blackline but I really love this car.

It's ex-demo but comes with the following extras worth nearly £3K and costs about £5K less than the same spec brand new so I'm thrilled:

Black metallic paint
Tinted rear glass
19" Xtreme alloys
Amundsen sat nav
High beam assistant
Winter pack
Black design pack
Colour maxidot
Electric media interface

Here are my first impressions:

1.       You do not need a petrol

This car just moves and keeps moving. I haven't driven the petrol version but to be honest, with how this one flies, I can imagine the petrol must be blindingly quick. Before you know it, this car will get you a speeding ticket if you're not careful because it when I looked at my speedo, I had to quickly ease off; it was doing about 10 mph more than it felt like.  :x

2.       The quoted fuel economy is definitely way off mark
In my Mk2, my drive home from work would normally give me around 40 mpg but I got 32 mpg out of this one. That might be because you I was "testing" it out though.  :notme:

3.       The mirrors are smallish
The mirrors on the Blackline are much larger and provide better visibility. These ones aren't bad but could be better, especially for a car that you know you're not going to drive like a granny and thus will need better side visibility.

4.       It has a very comfortable ride
Even on the 19" alloys, I find the ride is on par with the Blackline on 18s. Actually, at some times, it felt smoother.

5.       Handling is excellent
This car is very reliable in corners. You can do much more speed whilst cornering than the Mk2. It definitely is well planted.

6.       The standard audio isn't as bad as I first thought
I didn't manage to get the Canton sound as I bought it ex-demo. I was initially a bit disappointed with the bass, compared with the Blackline, though both have Amundsen. However, after some tweaking and changing the bluetooth volume from Quiet to Loud, there was a very noticeable improvement to the bass. The audio is still not as crisp as an audiophile would expect but is generally more than adequate.

7.       If you want to chase a Mustang, ignore point No. 1  :nerd:
Whilst on my way home, this guy in a 2014 Mustang thought I was about to undertake him for driving at 60 in the right lane on the motorway whilst the inside lanes were clear; he didn't realise I was actually heading for the exit.  :dull: All I heard was this loud growl before seeing it start to eat road... what's the point in cruising like an idiot in the right lane?! Anyway, I'm glad I was exiting the motorway. If keeping up with a V6 'stang is what you're after, the petrol is definitely the version to go for.

I know I'm going to enjoy driving this even more than the Blackline and can't wait for my first long journey.

Octavia vRS Mk3

Octavia vRS Mk3

Octavia vRS Mk3

• Like 4

Thanks guys. I thought the ride would too too hard but it's not that much harder than my Mk2 on 18's and I think they really do suit a car with the profile of the Mk3 vRS. I'm very happy with what Škoda has produced here.

Same here. I owned a black VW Bora many years ago and vowed never to get another black car because of the cleaning headache. I actually wanted a blue one but got a good deal on this one, plus it had the Xtremes so it was too good to pass up.

Very nice indeed, looks great all in black.

If you don't mind me asking what dealer did you get it from as I'm in Hertfordshire and am looking at getting an estate soon, so would love a recommendation.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

I got it from the Citygate Watford dealership... really great customer service. Bart is the man you'll want to speak to. He really went the extra mile to get me a good deal and I really can't be happier.

Plus, he told me last week he has a race blue estate coming in really soon, I believe.

• Like 1

Very smart looking car. Black certainly suits the 'aggressive' look.

Brave man as well… 4WD/Pick-up parked on left and 2 door motorised pram on right… watch out for dings on those doors!

• Like 1

Very smart looking car. Black certainly suits the 'aggressive' look.

Brave man as well… 4WD/Pick-up parked on left and 2 door motorised pram on right… watch out for dings on those doors!

I know right. :-D. Didn't have much choice that day but I try to keep a good distance from poorly-parked cars.

The more you look at it… just oozes cooooooollll!

I'm waiting for my Candy White beast to arrive… but there's a part of me so wishes I'd had the balls to go for black with the black pack… but hey-ho!

• Like 2

The more you look at it… just oozes cooooooollll!

I'm waiting for my Candy White beast to arrive… but there's a part of me so wishes I'd had the balls to go for black with the black pack… but hey-ho!

You'll love it either way. My previous car was a white Blackline. Whilst blue was my favourite, the white looked really good with the black wheels.

I'm sure the white Mk III with black pack will stand out.

My previous girl:

vRS Blackline

Old & New Together

Congrats. I hope you're enjoying your new car.

I think there may be two ways you can get to it but once you press the Media button, you should see an icon for Setup. Then, I think it's under Volume. Once in there, you should see the option for Bluetooth volume. Just press what the option you see selected and it should show you a submenu where you can select the desired setting.

If you don't find it that way, when I pop out to my car I can check for you and confirm.