itg air filter

Yeah ive heard good things about them also but its better for true opinon from a forum member. Ive used k and n in my previous cars and all was fine never noticed any gains though. However there is bad press with k and n oiling the maf sensors up. I wouldnt recomend it on thesr tempremental things.

Has anyone tried an itg replacement panel filter in a vrs. If so whats your opinon on a totally standard car.

I have a pipercross replacement element in mine..... I cant really tell a difference, maybe its worth a couple of horsepower....

BUT I know its more efficient, and longerlasting, so thats good enough for me :)

Its only ever had a standard filter. Which was replaced in dec along with the plugs. I was querying whether or not it would be worth putting the itg one in. Ive posted on my other post with an update of the car mate.

Panel filters are good as a replacement element maybe a tiny bit more noise. A open cone is way to go for noise I have a ram air currently love the noise of supercharger sucking air in then when letting off the dv noise is pretty loud doubt any gains tho maybe a little torque.

To remove air box and replace with open cone takes 10 mins

• Like 1

Yeah ive heard good things about them also but its better for true opinon from a forum member. Ive used k and n in my previous cars and all was fine never noticed any gains though. However there is bad press with k and n oiling the maf sensors up. I wouldnt recomend it on thesr tempremental things.

our cars to my knowledge run a MAP sensor no maf.

correct

Thank you :)

also the whole oiled filter thing; this is for over oiled filters.

IMO when you receive your new filter you should always dab it a few times with some kitchen roll to take away the excess oil.

• 2 weeks later...

Just change your factory filter twice a year (autumn and spring) for MANN or Bosch replacement (circa£12-13 now on eurocarparts) and you will have cleaner and better performing engine than with £50 aftermarket one sitting in your filter box for two, three years without being touched. Same pr less money but always fresh filter in.

• Like 2