Delivery pack charges - vrs delivery in a week

Hi Guys,

This is my first post on the briskoda and I must say it's been really informative, really very impressed with the amount of knowledge here....

Coming to my topic of concern..... I'm about to collect my VRS in a weeks time and just happen to come across the delivery pack being discussed else where in the forum. Having gone through my order confirmation again I can see my dealer has charged me £425 for delivery and £395 towards a delivery pack.... I'm a bit confused as to why I have been charged twice. Could any of you shed more light on what these charges could be and would there be a possibility to remove these charges at this time? I'm must highlight the I have been charged £55 towards registration separately.

Do apologize my ignorance but this is my first new car n in the excitement I seem to be getting carried away...

Thanks in advance

Dev

Its not an optional extra, it is just part of the OTR price. It all adds up to the price on SKODAs site if you didn't get a discount. Not sure why they call it that though.

Thank you all for your replies 

I happen to give a ring to the dealer and he mentioned that the £425 was a delivery charge that was standard on the OTR (which is mentioned in the brochure apparently) and £395 for the supagard. I'm thinking of removing the supagard treatment given the price, will I be able to this at this stage. (the car is obviously not been treated at present)

The OTR price is the price of the car in the brochure, everything is included so it shouldn't be added extra, unless they've subtracted it and then added it back on......

Thank you all for your replies 

I happen to give a ring to the dealer and he mentioned that the £425 was a delivery charge that was standard on the OTR (which is mentioned in the brochure apparently) and £395 for the supagard. I'm thinking of removing the supagard treatment given the price, will I be able to this at this stage. (the car is obviously not been treated at present

Don't get the supagard from the dealer as you can get this from Ebay at a 5th of the price.

Don't get the supagard from the dealer as you can get this from Ebay at a 5th of the price.

Do they put it on for you too at eBay?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Lol at supagaurd.

Any highly recommended detailer would charge less than half of that and use superior products too.

They would also be far more capable than any dealer of getting an outstanding finish with very long lasting protection.

Lol at supagaurd.

Any highly recommended detailer would charge less than half of that and use superior products too.

They would also be far more capable than any dealer of getting an outstanding finish with very long lasting protection.

Can you back up your opinion on the supaguard with any facts or unbiased test's that this is not a good product, and the other brands that you know off are far better. I for one dont get brain washed by all the PR stuff that comes out of car valeter's mouths, about certain brands. they are only repeating what they have been told and are trying to sell that brand. At the end of the day, it depends on how good a job who ever puts it on, not it's price or reputation of the product. 

• Like 1

Can you back up your opinion on the supaguard with any facts or unbiased test's that this is not a good product, and the other brands that you know off are far better. I for one dont get brain washed by all the PR stuff that comes out of car valeter's mouths, about certain brands. they are only repeating what they have been told and are trying to sell that brand. At the end of the day, it depends on how good a job who ever puts it on, not it's price or reputation of the product. 

I do agree its all a case of marketing but if I can get a good job done for a better deal its a win win situation. And like most of them have mentioned I think the dealer's price is really steep. 

Edited by dev01

I have been looking for car detailing services in the midlands and seem to be struggling to find a good place that does a paint sealant for a new car. What is your opinion on Detail my ride?

I Don't think supaguard, lifeshine or any other dealer-supplied products are particularly bad, it's just they are overpriced when sold by dealers and often applied by valters who are not given the time or facilities to apply it correctly.

Better options are:

1. Get the dealer to throw in the products and application as a freebie.

2. Buy off Ebay and apply it yourself after a Sunday wash and you'l get some self-satisfaction, as well as saving hundreds of pounds. Re-apply or upgrade the products whenever you fancy.

3. Employ a Detailer who will advice you of the best products to suit your car and budget (often cheaper than Dealer's options), safe in the knowledge that it's applied by a professional who cares about your car and their own reputation.

I have been looking for car detailing services in the midlands and seem to be struggling to find a good place that does a paint sealant for a new car. What is your opinion on Detail my ride?

I can put you onto a good guy if you don't mind travelling to Gloucester..

Edited by philhoward

I have used russ at midlands car care and gaz at detail my ride. I would happily use gaz again but would go to russ primarily

I can put you onto a good guy if you don't mind travelling to Gloucester..

Ooh, that could be useful, if you don't mind passing me his details (especially as I live in the fair* city of Gloucester).

If you live anywhere near to cannock I can prep and apply this for you for a lot less than the dealer. Auto Glym kits can be had for pennies on ebay in comparison to what dealers charge. I could then apply this for you. Pm if you're interested.

£180 seems a lot and I've head so many stories about the pack not being applied properly by the dealers. I purchased a life shine kit from ebay and spent a few hours one Saturday morning doing it. I was nervous about doing it but there's a few videos on YouTube showing how it's done and the manufactures instructions were pretty good.

What ever you decide to do enjoy the car!

I'd just get a decent sealant from cleanmycar.co.uk for £20 and get that on after a decent wash and polish. They last six months or so anyway.

The dealer product will be similar quality but you're in the hands of a rushed application.

If you want to spend £200 or so on new car prep, you're better off paying a detailer who will take a whole day over the car, not the hour your dealer will take to throw their super guard stuff on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys.... but I forgot to mention the £180 included a full tank of fuel as well, never the less too delivery of the car yesterday and I'm really pleased with it. I just cant stop myself from looking back at the car and admiring it every time I park and walk way (not crazy ;). Its just brilliant to drive :D