Performance exhaust for a citigo ?

CitigoSE

I've used Powerflow for custom exhausts for show cars before.  They are reasonable on price and finish and have a good choice of boxes and tailpipe designs.  However if you can find an independent local stainless steel exhaust fabricator (usually focusing on classic cars) they can be much better re quality and fine-tuning in my experience.

I think the Citigo's 3 cylinder has quite a nice tone through the rev range and might lend itself nicely to a performance exhaust if that's your thing. Just watch out that you can have it adjusted as part of the price if you find it 'booms' at your usual cruising speed.

Go for it!

Edited by Professor
  • Like 1

Hello, ive been looking for an exhaust aswell to make it sound a bit better, keep us posted if you get a quote from powerflow im going to take mine to a dealer and see what price they give!

If you just want a back box only, measure the pipe diameter and have a look for a universal box.

Personally if it was me I'd pay the extra and have a good custom system.

Is there actually a back box?  My car isn't here just now but from memory I think that there's a middle box in what would be the transmission tunnel then just a long pipe, curving all the way from there till the back of the car.  I'll look later to confirm so I could be speaking absolute rubbish? :sweat:

I had a three cylinder motorbike, and the exhaust add ons used to make a really nice sound; be nice if you could get on of those to fit. they are fairly standard pipe into thinker pipe kind of stuff.

I half crawled under my Citigo and just managed to take these photos.  As stated a few posts above, I can see no back box, only one in the middle of the car.  Is this the one that you, CitigoSE want to replace?

I spotted this on a Dutch website where they seem to have a few different systems to choose from :-

http://www.citycartuning.com/webshop/up-citigo-mii/skoda-citigo/exhaust-systems/detail/935/sport-exhaust-skoda-citigo-10-remus-120x74mm-duplex.html

On a slightly different subject, where is the exhaust heat shield that can come loose and rattle?

14543038605_611649d5c9_b.jpg

14542095232_16ac0087d0_b.jpg

14356460678_ea02be214c_b.jpg

14541526074_0bc1e9cb6f_b.jpg

14356437569_436ac3c473_b.jpg

14356437819_05defa3fd3_b.jpg

Edited by JimmyR

Hi Jimmyr ,

I was looking for same and found http://www.citycartu...4mm-duplex.html as well ,

I looked for uk supplier for the :-

Sport Exhaust Skoda Citigo 1.0 Ragazzon Topline 115x70m

and was able to order one and get it delivered direct in a week ( came yesterday ) , Try Jasson at http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/sitepage/contactpage.html great service and price .

Thank you for the great tip Mauserkk98.  The only thing is that I'm a little old these days to be having a rorty exhaust but I was amazed to see that your second link refers to a business in Henfield which is only 10 miles from the City of Brighton & Hove.  Usually places like this are oop north! :notme:   It might be very useful if there are any other folk in Sussex, or other southern counties, looking for an exhaust and Bournemouth to Henfield is a mere 95 miles if Hyphons might fancy one?  It's expensive but being stainless steel should last forever.  In the pics it looks like a beautiful, shiny work of art and it's a great pity that nobody will every really be able to see it, apart from the the oval part at the end.

I hope you'll post some photos and let us know how easy (or not!) it was to fit.  Perhaps you might also attach a sound clip so we can hear it, if that's possible, please?

Balance Motorsport
Unit 11B
Golding Barn Industrial Estate
Henfield Road
Henfield
West Sussex
BN5 9XH

Edited by JimmyR

Hi Jimmyr ,

I was looking for same and found http://www.citycartu...4mm-duplex.html as well ,

I looked for uk supplier for the :-

Sport Exhaust Skoda Citigo 1.0 Ragazzon Topline 115x70m

and was able to order one and get it delivered direct in a week ( came yesterday ) , Try Jasson at http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/sitepage/contactpage.html great service and price .

I had a Ragazzon exhaust on a Fiat Panda 100HP.  Fabulous product, well made and a great sound.

Ok lets be honest, I didn't buy the citigo with any plans to mod the little thing, I bought it as a cheap reliable run about for town work. However it's proved to be much more than just a little city car.

I like the engine note and yes would like it to sound a little more "boy racer" for nothing more than my own weird pleasure.

I had a fiat 500 twinair before this and that sounded damn good (very racey), trouble is it was rubbish as a chear citycar.

• Like 2

Ok lets be honest, I didn't buy the citigo with any plans to mod the little thing, I bought it as a cheap reliable run about for town work. However it's proved to be much more than just a little city car.

I like the engine note and yes would like it to sound a little more "boy racer" for nothing more than my own weird pleasure.

I had a fiat 500 twinair before this and that sounded damn good (very racey), trouble is it was rubbish as a chear citycar.

This is the same for me ,bought a new Fabia Monte Carlo TDI for wife with all the extras ,liked it so much then went back 6 months later and bought Citigo for fun for me .

Then it all started .........just a KN air filter ...Bulb swap ....Coilovers......Now an Exhaust ....and started looking at bigger wheels today call a mid life moment if you like i confess ive got the bug . :p

have you had any issues with insurance by adding sports exhaust? I note from the website above they do a chip as well, giving 15+ bhp whilst INCREASING mpg.. but methinks the insurance firms these days hate any mods like this?

have you had any issues with insurance by adding sports exhaust? I note from the website above they do a chip as well, giving 15+ bhp whilst INCREASING mpg.. but methinks the insurance firms these days hate any mods like this?

I would suggest it varies with insurance companies. For example Hastings wanted an extra £150 for the citigo stickers where as tesco have included in the price with the renewal.

As for chip, I would say that would increase the insurance a fair bit. 15+bhp is a 25% increase I'm not sure if I'd take that as the truth for a NA engine, I cant see mapping alone (just fuel and air) will increase by that much (on say the 75bhp model).

This is the same for me ,bought a new Fabia Monte Carlo TDI for wife with all the extras ,liked it so much then went back 6 months later and bought Citigo for fun for me .

Then it all started .........just a KN air filter ...Bulb swap ....Coilovers......Now an Exhaust ....and started looking at bigger wheels today call a mid life moment if you like i confess ive got the bug . :p

How are you finding the K&N Filter? I've found on the 60bhp its got a little more grunt towards the top end of the rev range and a little extra noise (very small amount).

Would love coilovers but 80+ speed bumps every day to work I would find it very wearing after a while!

I've found the Citigo has a purr-like tone to it already, without a sports exhaust. 

I had a look at the exhaust myself when I got the car, and don't remember seeing a back-box as such, only one towards the centre of the car (much like JimmyR has posted before).

However, something I think it'll be worth pointing out:

I was curious what the aesthetic effect of a performance exhaust would look like on my Citigo, so dabbled with attaching fairly cheap exhaust trim that I picked up online fairly cheap. No effect on performance obviously, it's just superficial, but at a glance it looked alright. (I'll attach a few photos). It got removed fairly quickly for fear of my poor application causing it to fall off on a motorway or something and causing serious damage. But while it was on, there was something which occurred to me. The Citigo's exhaust is one of those that curves downwards just before the exit. Because of this, the rear bumper/diffuser is completely flat. If the new exhaust system were not to have this curved down exit, then you would have to actually cut a section out of the rear bumper for it to have a clean exit and not be blocked by the bodywork. 
If you don't want to do that, then you'd need to find an exhaust system which curves downwards, and has an exit which hangs just below the rear bumper. The problem I found with this was driving the Citigo Greentech, it has the sports suspension which already lowers the car 15mm, which is already pretty low. To then have a metal exhaust exit hanging below that was a real pain, I found I was first gear-ing it over the speed-bumps up here, and still scraping the exhaust. 

If you were going to get a sports/performance exhaust for the Citigo, I'd recommend that you get an exhaust shaped segment of the the rear bumper professionally cut out so that the exit doesn't hang too low, to avoid damage to it. Let us know how you get on, though, curious to hear what the already throaty Citigo would sound like with a k&n/performance exhaust! :-) 

1486685_863524653673708_598707157_n.jpg

1524574_867048429987997_1553069356_n.jpg

1959983_867048496654657_351947537_n.jpg

Hope this helps a little with at least logistics.