Been murdering! And a lot of driving

post-8072-14034398053032_thumb.jpgpost-8072-14034398262725_thumb.jpgpost-8072-14034398574858_thumb.jpg

2000 miles across France to be precise

Fantastic first road trip in the VRS and family, car ran faultlessly at "toll road" speeds,and a pleasure to eat all those miles in. Love the fact French roads and Aires are empty :-)

Time to plan next years journt!

Serious bath time needed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic shots, and I can truly associate with with what you say having just done 900 miles driving on a Cornwall holiday last week, the VRS CR diesel is great on long journeys with the family... I loved every minute!

My front bumper also looked like yours on the return!

Mike

Fantastic shots, and I can truly associate with with what you say having just done 900 miles driving on a Cornwall holiday last week, the VRS CR diesel is great on long journeys with the family... I loved every minute!

My front bumper also looked like yours on the return!

Mike

So glad you left us with the sunshine you enjoyed, as we are still enjoying this sunny hot sunshine weather.

I'll be doing that in a few weeks with the addition of roof bars and a couple of bikes.

Did it last year and the front of my car and the bars were black.

So glad you left us with the sunshine you enjoyed, as we are still enjoying this sunny hot sunshine weather.

Left you some :) but equal amounts back here too.. So made up :)

But hey, even a humble 1.6TDI is perfectly at home at "toll road" speeds, and indeed even "de-restricted Autobann speeds", within reason, or the limits of my eyesight/driving skills.

PS

How long/how many days to do the 2000 miles?

Having twice driven, in one leg, only broken for food, the 600 odd miles from Santander to Torrimolins.

And back. Wor Son aged about 8 or 10 flatly stated he never wanted to see another Olive tree in the rest of his life!

Marcus

Edited by dieseldogg

Don't you just love the picnic spots along the toll roads though? Toilets are horrific, but the picnic spots under trees is like a different world compared to UK rest spots.

(Drove back from Chur, Switzerland to Exmouth, Devon with my Octavia in "get home" mode with eml on. What a joy to finally get power back this evening!)