Lead time for new purchase?

Hello all,

Octavia Estate Elegance with the only added spec of sunset glass and a Columbus nav.  Metallic Metal Grey.

Is this the sort of thing they would have in stock/arriving weekly? or would I be looking at a long build time?

Thanks.

Most manufacturers, including Skoda, build to order these days.  There are very few stock cars - only dealer demonstrators and cancelled orders.

Your dealer should be able to tell you how long your order should take, and just as shopping around can get you a better price, it can also get you a shorter wait if a dealer has unused allocation or a cancelled order he can change (although it's still a bit of a lottery and there's no guarantees you'll get it when the dealer says you will).

I've just ordered a VRS and been quoted approx 5-6 months for a VRS. I considered the Elegance and was quoted 4-5 months... Apparently the extras don't make much difference...

That's insane.

I'm not in any particular rush, but it looks like I'd better get ordering.

Tell me about it... I've been dithering since April and wish I hadn't and had just gone ahead and ordered it then at least I'd now be 2 months into the wait! The dealer did say it could be shorter but it all depends on if someone cancels an order similar to mine... Wishful thinking !

I cancelled my v60 because of lead times this is now a longer delivery date than the Volvo. everything I read fills me with confidence that the Octavia is an awesome car.

It sounds like what?

It might be worth asking the dealer what is free stock.

When I bought mine (last may) I wanted it quite quickly, didn't get any extras and had it in two weeks (it was already built, but not at the docks).

I really miss my sunroof, so for me, it would be worth waiting three to four months, but if they had a car on its way with this, and a slightly extra spec I would consider it.

I know I am strange, but colour is not a priority to me as once I am in it, I cant really see it (I have race blue on this one, and had Met Grey last time)

whatever you do, I am sure you will enjoy it.

I ordered my VRS beginning of March was told wouldn't be here till Sept 1st. But arrived last week in June. so build dates in my experience can change so much and i had quite a few extras.