Best ECU Chip for Fabia vRS

robsonalan

I am soon to be picking up my new Skoda Fabia vRS and hope to get it chipped in the next few months or so.

I would like to know a few things about chipping it before I get it done.

1) Does chipping the car increase emmisions and so could this set of the Engine Managment warning light on.

2) If I got the car chipped and also put a full SS exhaust on with a sports cat could this mess up the emmisions or will it not matter.

3) I have read about a few different types/makes of chipps but what it the preferred one. I live in Wigan so can get the Liverpool or Manchester easily but wouldnt want to go much further than that.

I have looked as the Dual System in Awesome GTI but I cannot see to find much info about this ore the company. A lot of people see to be having the Jabba chip does anyone know if there is a retailer that can fit a Jabba chip to my vRS locally to me, and what would this cost me.

I have also been looking at SuperChips, I know they are expensive compared to others but I have heard of this company before and they have a retailer in Manchester.

Lastly I am thinking about getting a full SS exhaust with sports cat. A local company call Blue Flame Performance engineering can fit a full exhaust with sports cat for

Generally speaking it's no a change of EPPROM inthe ECU but a change of code on the EEPROM....better known as remapping.

Usually now done via the OBD port s there's no physical evidence of change.

Not having a mapped Furby rather a mapped Octy RS I would say that emissions will be fine after a remap and the addition of a ss exhaust. You shouldn't get a CEL light.

Most SS systems come with a sports cat.

You will probably see more soot on acceleration but that ois the nature of the beast...more fuel, more soot.

The Blueflame system should be a turbo back with a sport cat so

I chose celtic tuning to do mine, and a fantastic result. Worth looking at. Around 190bhp (unproven) and 320 lb torque. No problems at all, just a BFO grin. Had a new turbo under warranty 2 days after remap (previous problem unrelated to remap) and skoda didnt notice, so it would seem to be invisible too.

so it would seem to be invisible too.

Just clarify...all maps are not invisible...if you are looking you will find changes.

So if you are worried about your warranty either go for a tuning box or one of the switching solutions.

That said with no physical evidense of change the only indication should be from the butt dyno. :D

As with many things, it pays to build a good relationship with your servicing dealer, because it is up to them to interpret warranty issues in the first instance. Mine, for example, is actually encouraging me to get the car remapped! Trying to conceal mods is rarely successful in the long term.

It's usually considered best to get some miles (say 5000) on the clock before remapping, so that everything is bedded in, and any obvious warranty issues have been sorted.

Agree with running it in for a few k before re-mapping it. Also, if you're going to get an exhaust, get that done before the remap- that way you'll get the benefit if you get a custom map rather than just a generic one.

Blueflame seem to be building up a good reputation over on the Golf site I go on, although it'd be worth checking out the default choice (Miltek) before you commit to anything.

As for which remap is best, well there are very few people who are qualified to answer that. You'd have to have two companies maps on the same engine to compare the difference and say which was best.

The best you'll get is peoples recommendations that they are happy with theirs- after that it comes down to ease of getting to the tuner and price.

One last thing I'd say is don't get bogged down looking at tuners claimed figures. For a start some tuners are suspected to give optimistic figures (I'm being careful what I say here!), but also, the peak figure isn't what it's all about- you want a nice smooth power and torque curve. The re-map on my 115bhp Golf gave a peak of 151bhp, but I'd gladly give away 5bhp peak to lose the trough I have about 2.5k.

Oh, and whatever map you get, it'll be money well spent!

One thing to bear in mind is that Superchips offer an insurance-backed warranty - the rest don't AFAIK. If you're really worried about warranty stuff it might be worth going there.

Remember to insure for it too. :thumbdwn:

• 1 year later...

Whats your problem??:confused:

Isnt it allowed like, can't I make a comment if I wish!:confused:

I thought I would share some information regarding this matter as I thought it might help some people.:confused:

By the looks of this site people dont seem to want to help. :confused:

Now go and get a life instead of looking for people to make snidey remarks at!!!

Whats your problem??:confused:

Isnt it allowed like, can't I make a comment if I wish!:confused:

I thought I would share some information regarding this matter as I thought it might help some people.:confused:

By the looks of this site people dont seem to want to help. :confused:

Now go and get a life instead of looking for people to make snidey remarks at!!!

I look forward to your responses on more threads from the dead. We could be here all day!

I had a remap done on my previous car from Superchips... they were brilliant, managed to negotiate them down a few quid & they are backed by a warranty as well. The agent I used was Mid Kent Vehicle Services, in Aylesford, Kent.

Absolutely brilliant bloke, and a very smooth, clean map which just transformed the car. No clutch slip problems, no noticeable increase in smoke, just one turbo failure... which was normal wear & tear (it went at 92,000 miles!). I'd recommend them!