Octavia Mk2 - Engines, DPFs, Cambelts, Oils, Brakes and Servicing Info

I have two Octavia, a 06 1.9tdi and an 05 2.0 tdi.  I’m changing the fuel filters but am given a choice of 4 when buying from europarts. Does anyone know where the reference is to them or do you have to measure the housing in the engine.  Thanks. 

1 hour ago, funkydude said:

I have two Octavia, a 06 1.9tdi and an 05 2.0 tdi.  I’m changing the fuel filters but am given a choice of 4 when buying from europarts. Does anyone know where the reference is to them or do you have to measure the housing in the engine.  Thanks. 

Quote the number from the side of the filter housing something like ....400K. Also the brand like Mann and Hummel. However I order from TPS and even with the VIN sometimes you need the above. 

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how much oil is needed for the Gearbox?

I need to replace the clutch and DMF so was thinking of getting it bled and replaced.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

Anyone on here can recommend a good mechanic to carry out a service on my Octy - based in or around the Bradford area? 

• 7 months later...

Hi all. I'm going to be jumping onto the Octavia bandwagon but could use some advice. I'm going to look at an older (2006) mk 2 with ~100k miles on it, and it's only done about 1k miles per year since 2015. It had the cambelt done at 96k in mid '16 though.... I know Skoda say do it every 4 years but surely wear/deterioration would be super minimal over 4k miles?

Also going to look at another one that's done ~86k miles and is a touch newer (2008). Has had normal servicing but never had the cambelt etc done... Guessing this'll definitely need doing 12 years in right?

Cheers!

2 minutes ago, kachoong said:

Hi all. I'm going to be jumping onto the Octavia bandwagon but could use some advice. I'm going to look at an older (2006) mk 2 with ~100k miles on it, and it's only done about 1k miles per year since 2015. It had the cambelt done at 96k in mid '16 though.... I know Skoda say do it every 4 years but surely wear/deterioration would be super minimal over 4k miles?

Also going to look at another one that's done ~86k miles and is a touch newer (2008). Has had normal servicing but never had the cambelt etc done... Guessing this'll definitely need doing 12 years in right?

Cheers!

Forgot to mention - they're both 1.9 TDI PD motors

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/11/2015 at 11:25, phh683 said:

Hi, l have received an email from skoda saying my cam belt is due for replacement. I had a new on fitted with a water pump 20 months ago. Cost then with a skoda dealer was 196.00 my independent skoda dealer has been taken over by Sandicliffe cost now with Water pump is 459.00 neither of these figures include vat.. Now I have contacted Sandicliffe to get information on when cam belts are due to be replaced as per skoda recommendations..my Vrs has done 44,000mls from new..

Anyone know of replacement mileage or times as to when it should be replaced.

Kind regards

Beakie

Go to a local INDEPENDENT mechanic give him the buisness.these big bloody garage,s rip u off with the bloody Labour and vat ..

• 7 months later...

Hi Guys i need your help!

I was set on buying a 2010 VRS the Diesel one 60k miles full Skoda History Engine Code - EA189 CEGA.

I really wish i had not started to google about the enigine to be honest as now i have uncovered the whole issue these had with the VW scandal, the one i am looking at has had the software update according to Skodas website and from what i read customers complaining about loss of power etc etc. 

Basically is it worth me buying one as i don't want something that is under powered because of this. so if someone could share if they experienced the loss of power post software upgrade specifcally with the diesel VRS? 

• 2 years later...

Wifey's 2010 L&K 2.0(PD I think) 103KW  Octavia. Now on 90K miles - has never had "Toothed Belt" replaced from what I can tell from the Service records!

According to the book the Toothed Belt should be every 150k KM - so kind of "expecting" this to come up on the Service / MOT booked for tomorrow?

We use a local independent garage...

Any thoughts on the kinds of cost we should expect (budget) for this? I'm seeing anything from around ~£200 -> ~£500+ for this kind of work; in ADDITION to the rest of the service etc. 

• 7 months later...

Hello, 

Does anyone know the estimated cost of car belt change on a 2004 Octavia 1.2 TSi please?

Also estimated cost for front shocks to be replaced please?  On last years service the rear shocks were changed.  The advised light misting on the front shocks and that the cam belt should be changed ( a year earlier than scheduled).  Car has done about 33k miles with FSH.

Car has only been serviced by main dealer so far..

thanks,

Ian

• 2 months later...
On 04/07/2014 at 11:25, 0wl said:
I've spent a bit of time collating some of the available information about the Octavia Mk2 with regards to which oil to use, timing belt intervals, DPFs, service schedules, brake disc sizes, etc.  I've tried my best to ensure there aren't any errors, but if you spot any let me know and I'll edit the info.

Important - You make use of this information at your own risk!

In the following documents and information distances are primarily given in kilometres along with the equivalent mileage value.  This is because the distance guidance provided by Skoda / Volkswagen Audi Group is generally specified in kilometres, not miles.

Engines, Cambelt Intervals, DPFs, Oil Capacities and Required Oil according to Servicing Regime

The following two PDFs contain the general info I have collated with regards the engines that have been fitted to the Octavia Mk2 and also the VW approved oil lists.

Octavia Mk2 Engine Info:

VAG Approved Oils Lists (Split by standard / viscosity spec):

Oil Standards:

VW 502.00 – Fixed servicing on petrol engines

VW 504.00 – Variable / long life servicing on most petrol engines (all 5W30)

VW 505.01 – Fixed servicing on PD diesels (don't use 505.00 as 505.01 has additional anti-wear requirements to protect cams / lifters)

VW 507.00 – Variable / long life servicing on any diesel and fixed servicing on any diesel fitted with a DPF (all 5W30)

Servicing Intervals

Engine Oil Change:

Petrol

Long Life / Variable - Up to every 30,000 Km (18,641 Miles) or 2 years maximum

Time & Distance - Every 15,000 Km (9,320 Miles) or 1 year

Diesel

Long Life / Variable - Up to every 50,000 Km (31,068 Miles) or 2 years maximum

Time & Distance - Every 15,000 Km (9,320 Miles) or 1 year

Air Filter:

Replace every 90,000 Km / 55,923 Miles or 6 years

Cabin / Pollen Filter:

Replace every 60,000 Km / 37,282 Miles or 2 years

Brake fluid change intervals:

Up to MY2010 - Every 2 years

From MY2011 - Initial change at 3 years, then every 2 years

Fuel Filter:

Diesel - Replace every 90,000 Km / 55,923 Miles

Petrol - Skoda state no interval / Lifetime fit, however would advise changing every 4 years (the fuel filter isn't expensive)

Spark Plugs:

1.8TSI and 2.0 TSI/TFSI (BZB, CDAA,BWA,CCZA) - Replace every 90,000 Km / 55,923 Miles or 6 years

All other Petrol Engines - Replace every 60,000 Km / 37,282 Miles or 4 years

Haldex 4x4 Oil Change intervals:

Up to MY2009 - Every 60,000 Km / 37,282 Miles

From MY2010 - Every 3 years

DSG (6 Speed) Oil Change interval:

Replace every 60,000 Km / 37,282 Miles

Alarm Sounder:

Replace every 6 years - mine didn't last that long, but in real life I think most people only replace this when it breaks (the internal battery in the siren tends to leak)

Battery:

Replacement recommended when the battery is 5 years old.

Brakes:

The following PDF contains tables that are based on what was originally factory fitted, subsequent owners may have upgraded the disc sizes (e.g. 288 to 312mm front discs) so it is always worth measuring them to double check before ordering.

Brake info removed whilst I amend the rear brake details for the VRS which are missing from the table.

Hopefully the above info is useful and will help with some of the frequently asked questions in this forum.

0wl.

really great post! Thank you very much! 

Not sure if this has been discussed, but the OAM gear box (7 speed DSG) should have a mechatronic oil change every 60K km.  Easy to do, 1.7L of fluid, sump plug below tighten to 30Nm and the oil is refilled via breather plug behind battery tray.  Takes 15 minutes.  I'd recommend that is changed.

download (1).jpeg

download (2).jpeg

download.jpeg

• 3 months later...

It's more like 1 or 1.1 litres.

I changed mine a couple of years ago.

Was very dark. Still didn't prevent the body of the mechatronics from cracking and it needing to be replaced and the mechatronics being rebuilt 🫣

• Like 1