Skoda's new Limited Black Edition

• 2 weeks later...

I originally ordered the estate, but the garage came back and said i coudnt have the 2ltr estate until at least January.  So I got this in insead and as much as i like it, I wish they put leathers in them.

• Like 1

I originally ordered the estate, but the garage came back and said i coudnt have the 2ltr estate until at least January.  So I got this in insead and as much as i like it, I wish they put leathers in them.

I had a 10 months old 1.2 TSI hatch which I part exchanged for the estate. Even though I love my estate but I still miss the sharpness of the hatch back and especially the new spoiler you have on your car.

Yes, +1 on the leathers as the interior doesn't really go with the exterior and one big thing which is missing on the black edition is the black pack. I wish they had given a thought about it.

Still, I love every bit of the new black edition.

Mine is a black 2.0l estate. I could've had a white one pretty quickly, but I was stubborn and said I wanted the black. The dealer said it should be end of September originally but it's now the start of September and I'm still waiting on a build date. :(

The hatch looks great, but I don't know about springs, it needs coilovers wound right down!

Hi all.

Ordered a Black Edition 2.0tdi in Moon White on Friday. Spoke to the dealer today and its sitting at the docks in Sheerness awaiting delivery. Fingers crossed I may have it by the weekend! Presume it was a cancelled order to get it so quick without waiting to be built.

• Like 1

Mine is a black 2.0l estate. I could've had a white one pretty quickly, but I was stubborn and said I wanted the black. The dealer said it should be end of September originally but it's now the start of September and I'm still waiting on a build date. :(

The hatch looks great, but I don't know about springs, it needs coilovers wound right down!

Sure they've all been built already and can't be factory ordered

Nope, well at least thats not what i've been told. I have a factory 'slot', just not a build date yet.

Edited by jon_r
  • Like 1

Nope, well at least thats not what i've been told. I have a factory 'slot', just not a build date yet.

You are right Jon, you can still factory order it however you can not add any additional extras on top.

Yep, that's what I was told. It's a shame as I wanted the multi function wheel mainly. The rest of the spec is fine as it is. I'm buying a couple of bits from the accessories range, but that can be done via the dealer.

• Like 1

Yep, that's what I was told. It's a shame as I wanted the multi function wheel mainly. The rest of the spec is fine as it is. I'm buying a couple of bits from the accessories range, but that can be done via the dealer.

What accessories are you looking at Jon? I will have a bit left in the budget if I go with a Black Edition so it's a roof wrap, lowering springs and black grille surround but not sure what else(?).

Just things like boot protectors etc.

Dealer had just said it might be a further 6 month wait. If that is the case I'm going to cancel the order as that's absurd.

6 months wait is crazy. As per few dealers the black edition is getting very popular hence the wait however I wasn't aware about 6 months..

I was quite interested in getting the roof wrapped, got few quotes however they will have to take the roof liner down because of the antenna and roof rails. This would void the warranty so I have given it a miss.

I have had mirror caps replaced already. I am thinking of getting the A pillar wrapped in glossy black, don't know how its going to look like. Any ideas..

Shame the models didn't offer/come with the black pack option available on the VRS. I like the idea of adding black touches and lowering the suspension, however I don't think the missus would let me after saying I'd get the Rapid an come back ordering the Octavia!

Anyone hear the Black Edition radio advert!? Bloody horrendous, our cars will truely be limited editions as no else will want one hearing that!!

Anyone hear the Black Edition radio advert!? Bloody horrendous, our cars will truely be limited editions as no else will want one hearing that!!

Hi Gav, I did hear the advert on the radio this evening about the CitiGo black edition. I found it a bit strange too.

• Like 1

Just things like boot protectors etc.

Dealer had just said it might be a further 6 month wait. If that is the case I'm going to cancel the order as that's absurd.

Please dont hold me to this but, I ordered the estate in black in August and was promised it September.  After i acted like a child and didnt leave his dealership until he told me the truth he actually said its looking like January for the next production run of black editions.  I rang a dealership friend of mine and he spoke to Skoda direct who said build date was confirmed first quarter of 2015. So thats jan at best March worst case.  I cancelled and ordered the hatch elsewhere which i now have. yay

• Like 1

I won't mention that I was called today and told mine should be delivered tomorrow or Friday.

Those waiting times are mental. Does the factory work on one car at the time?!

What we need to remember is that the factory isn't just building UK spec cars or RHD cars they are also building LHD cars. Also cars for all other EU countries and NZ and Australia. There is also all the different trim levels. If I'm honest I think they have been stupid releasing an octavia black edition while there are a lot of people still waiting for other specs. It's not exactly fair on people who have waited 20+ weeks for someone to order a car and get it in 12-16
  • Like 1

Totally agree Allan, at some point someone's made a call to push further sales over focusing on the customers they already have. VAG need to inject some funds into factory expansion or opening another plant.

• Like 1