Skoda's new Limited Black Edition

I would try and screw them down Jon for the inconvenience. If it was £600 or £700 to change then I would probably do it assuming you were happy going with DSG and the tax (if applicable) implications.....

It's only money after all....some people spend £1000 on fishing gear or golf clubs!

Edited by Falkster

I've managed to get them to pay almost 50% of the gearbox, so I'm happy with that. The order should get swapped in the morning, so hopefully I might get a car!

• Like 1

Only issue I've had is the start/stop has had me kangarooing at a junctions a couple times, not sure if that's my clutch control tho!! Other than that no issues. Done over 1k miles already (gulp) and cars been comfortable, quiet and economical. Sticking to 70mph it'll exceed 55mpg+ and achieve just short of 600miles to a tank of fuel.

Only issue I've had is the start/stop has had me kangarooing at a junctions a couple times, not sure if that's my clutch control tho!! Other than that no issues. Done over 1k miles already (gulp) and cars been comfortable, quiet and economical. Sticking to 70mph it'll exceed 55mpg+ and achieve just short of 600miles to a tank of fuel.

You haven't ragged it yet then? A kangarooing car does not look cool! I reckon I might try and turn start/stop off lol

OK chaps, my order has gone in and I will be in the BE Club in about 4 weeks time. 2 litre diesel hatch, Moon White with a few personal touches. Cant wait! Thanks to those who have contributed to the thread with help and advice.

• Like 1

Personal touches?! From the factory or dealer fit?

It's a standard factory build Gav so dealer fit black pack, roof wrap, de badge and lowered suspension. I'm considering sport pedal covers and trying to find a decent steering wheel without success.

[quote name="GavtheGat" post="3948146"

Sticking to 70mph it'll exceed 55mpg+ and achieve just short of 600miles to a tank of fuel.

Good luck trying to get 600 miles range, you'll need to stick to 35mph to get it anywhere near.