Soft99 Fusso coat may be good, but don't write off Sonax BSD just yet!

dbg400

Strange you guys were having this convo. I was talking to a friend last night whilst showing off my new stuff now ive replaced all the kit I had nicked a while back. He started asking what would happen if I mixed x with y. It did make me wonder. I have a spray wax that I forget the name off. Its not great on durability and was thinking of putting a bit of bsd in. The friend in question took a few bits and pieces I dont use and sent a text this morning to say that a demon foam/ magifoam 50:50 is amazing apparently. I assume thats had to have been done before?

You guys seems to be trying high end combos. I'll try the low end ones. (Have not gone near any 'expensive stuff' as I dont want to make my job harder by using wrong.

Rick

OK..... my first BSD Hybrid mixture is selected!  :happy:

I will choose a dilution/mixture when it arrives and test it out soon.

Probably use SWMBO's car as a good test before i prep it for Fusso Dark coat.

This is great fun... :rock:  :sun:  :thumbup:

I have a load of Optimum Instant Detailer concentrate, which is THE slickest QD you'll find and dead easy to use. I might try a little mix of the BSD with a tiny bit of the concentrate and see if it helps. I know everyone says BSD lasts really well anyway but a little Polycharger might supercharge this even further for the winter :D

I have a load of Optimum Instant Detailer concentrate, which is THE slickest QD you'll find and dead easy to use. I might try a little mix of the BSD with a tiny bit of the concentrate and see if it helps. I know everyone says BSD lasts really well anyway but a little Polycharger might supercharge this even further for the winter :D

This sounds awesome... Go on, let us know how it goes! :)

I've just been in the garage and done a 50:50 mix with the bsd and v7

I will try it on the wife's car and let you know the results tomorrow.

• Like 1

This sounds awesome... Go on, let us know how it goes! :)

found some of my old mini spray bottles and will mix it tomorrow. Plan A is OID & BSD and plan B is Polycharged BSD - then of course there is the option for plan C at some point  :nerd:

Edited by Bigpikle

Is it ok to be mixing different chemicals together? I'm all for giving stuff a go, but what is the risk, and how safe is it? Are certain things a no-no combination?

• Like 1

Risk?

If you add one product with no risk to another with no risk...I doubt that = Risk

Its been done on DW...Happens a lot . Don't worry...I wouldn't use any product that's a risk to use

• Like 1

Good to know Chris, please pardon my ignorance. Am I right in thinking that we are just combining QD's or a mixture of sealants and QD's. The reason I ask is that I have some Gtechnic C2v3 that I could mix with Sonax' turbo detailer that I bought the other week, would this work....or is it just a case of mix a bit (50:50) and test on a single panel and go from there?

The one thing stopping me getting some fusso (ok 2 things) is 1. I have a tub of Petes 53 which I like, and 2. I have some V7 and BSD to mix as above, and try on the next wash :)

The ideal for me is the beading of BSD with slickness hopefully added by the V7.

got a mate in Tokyo and Osaka this week with instructions to find some Fusso somewhere - lets see what he comes back with  :D

Edited by Bigpikle
  • Like 1

well I had a quick play...

Had some Serious Performance QD (which is essentially FK425) left in a little sample bottle and added BSD about 1:4. No real change in slickness or application.

Added Optimum Instant Detailer concentrate about 10:1 and this time the difference was obvious and amazing. Finish is uber slick and went on easier. Did a 50/50 on a door with the above so see what happens in the rain later. 

• Like 1

well I had a quick play...

Had some Serious Performance QD (which is essentially FK425) left in a little sample bottle and added BSD about 1:4. No real change in slickness or application.

Added Optimum Instant Detailer concentrate about 10:1 and this time the difference was obvious and amazing. Finish is uber slick and went on easier. Did a 50/50 on a door with the above so see what happens in the rain later. 

Thanks for the update; doesn't look promising for FK then. But on the FK425 section; did you do a split panel per chance?

As well as slickness and application - i am going to monitor anti-static performance.... if possible.

Anyway - looks like i can get a sample soon from member BTS22 and do some experimentation.  :thumbup:

I just did SPQD and OID mixes on a 50/50 - I could go and use proper FK425 on the rear quarter next to it though...

I'm not going to make any huge conclusions from it though as I have 845 on the car with a layer of Souveran over it, and it beads and sheets like crazy and every bit as good as BSD on the bonnet!

• Like 1

I just did SPQD and OID mixes on a 50/50 - I could go and use proper FK425 on the rear quarter next to it though...

I'm not going to make any huge conclusions from it though as I have 845 on the car with a layer of Souveran over it, and it beads and sheets like crazy and every bit as good as BSD on the bonnet!

Yes - its going to be very hard to judge i'm sure.... but fun all the same!

Appreciate you sharing the info nonetheless.  :thumbup: