Hello,just need a little help..

Hello there..

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but im new here so forgive me :notme:

I was just wondering if any one could help me with the following problems...

Ive just brought my first ever skoda..Its a 53 plate Octavia vrs

My drives window motor is working can hear it...But the window wont move up or down

And secondly...

My heater don't blow cold...Its only like mildly warm or boiling hot...

Is there a simple fix to the heater problem? I hope so because im in England and we always have hot sunny weather :|

Thank you for reading and hopfuly..thank you for helping in advance

I don't have aircon and the heater says climacontrol or something like that I can remember

Thank you again :nerd:

Welcome to Briskoda. :) If you have a control panel low centre of the dashboard with Climatronic on it then you have automatic air conditioning. Assuming that the aircon compressor is not faulty, the system may need regassing to get it to blow cold air.

Do you have an Owners Manual for your car? If not, you can download one using the link below.

https://mediaportal.skoda-auto.com/resource/documentation/manuals/en/OctaviaTour/06-2009/Manual/A4_OctaviaTour_OwnersManual.pdf

• Like 1

Pointless putting a used regulator in as it's a very common failure on VAG cars.

I put ebay ones (£22 ish) in both my fronts about 18 months ago without issue so far. £70 ish from ECP & more from main dealer or TPS

Thank you all for the replys. I'm going down the scrap yard after work. Do I just take the whole mechanism out and fit into mine?

Also my drivers doir won't lock/unlock from the fob. Only works with the key. All other doors work off the fob.

And going go get my ac regased see if that works lol

Just cleansed my throttle body and made a massive diffance

Is there any other simple jobs that can 'restore' the car?

Also is it worth doing the n247 bypass? It seems easy And cheap todo

Sorry about all the questions. Just love my skoda and want to mess lol.

Thank you all for the replys. I'm going down the scrap yard after work. Do I just take the whole mechanism out and fit into mine?

Also my drivers doir won't lock/unlock from the fob. Only works with the key. All other doors work off the fob.

And going go get my ac regased see if that works lol

Just cleansed my throttle body and made a massive diffance

Is there any other simple jobs that can 'restore' the car?

Also is it worth doing the n247 bypass? It seems easy And cheap todo

Sorry about all the questions. Just love my skoda and want to mess lol.

IMO buddy don't waste your time messing about in a scrap yard trying to pull out a window regulator,

Firstly you have to find a good one and chances are if left too long in a scrap yard open to elements that regulator will be smoked as well.

Secondly as mentioned you can pick up a aftermarket one at reasonable prices, which will work 100% , be clean and free from crud and just make life easier to install.etc etc.

however if you do intend to get one from a scrappy then yes you will need to pull out the regulator plus the main metal bars brackets etc as the wiring for window goes down and across these bracket /pulleys and into the window regulator.

Make sure you grease the regulator and plastic pulley well on the scrap yard one as this is what makes them seize and cable snap in the first place. (dry joints or crud in the way)

What happens is the cable snaps and gets wound up in the regulator motor asm seizing it and this is what you can here trying to move every time you press the window button.

I would recommend anyone oiling these parts when door panel is taken off with silicon grease. Done mine a few times and the window moves more freely than it did when i bought the car.

Also if your drivers door does not work on remote this could be a number of issues, normally

- smoked door lock mechanism(duff microswitch)

- break in door cable loom somewhere(normally at the pillar end but could be in loom to door lock)

- fried window regulator asm or water ingress in that plug on the regulator(could be your issue as your window don't work also)

lot's of guides and discussion on here as those 2 issues are very common buddy on VAG cars

Here is my link to a guide on this page showing how to remove door panel:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/126257-octavia-1-replacing-door-latch-microswitch/ 

• Like 2

0121 you a Brummie lad ?

My window regulator has gone and I've bought a replacement to fit shortly.

I've also just done the n249 bypass and I think it makes a difference to acceleration, makes the air filter noise better. ;)

If you need a scan pop over and we will see if any errors point you in the right direction. That's if your 0121 ?

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mluton

Yeh I'm a brummy lol. I'm hoping to order tomorrow and hope to do it the weekend lol thst when my vac pipe should be here so I can do that bypass thing

Where about are you from mate?

Also do you think the n147 bypass thing is worth doing? Thanks again for the reply and link

yeah but not until you sorted other stuff. It is not a necessity to do TBH, It can make car feel slightly better running if the car has leaks or some uneven running as basically the more pipes you remove and delete the less the chance of hose splitting or leaking. 

you can read my guides in the techi section to give yo some ideas.

Hi,

Not sure about your window problem as I have not had to carry out work on mine. As for your heating, do you have a digital display / control panel with various buttons and 'climatronic' printed somewhere on it? If so, you have air con. Auto is air con and eco is normal heating / cooling i.e. air con off.

Yes rob it day climatronic on it

So do I get it regased and all will be cool? Lol or is there another problem with it.

As for the bypass. I'm waiting for me vac pipes to come and may do it just going to give it a service later and hopefully by end of month new running belt as don't have no history.

I don't normally look after cars so to speak. But I do like my vrs and think it's time I grew up and looked after things lol

Thank you all for your reply

Oh one more thing. Is it worth getting. Front mount intercooler. ? I love the way they l

Yes rob it day climatronic on it

So do I get it regased and all will be cool? Lol or is there another problem with it.

As for the bypass. I'm waiting for me vac pipes to come and may do it just going to give it a service later and hopefully by end of month new running belt as don't have no history.

I don't normally look after cars so to speak. But I do like my vrs and think it's time I grew up and looked after things lol

Thank you all for your reply

Oh one more thing. Is it worth getting. Front mount intercooler. ? I love the way they l

I think you meant N249 and N112  and SAI delete (N147 made me laugh)

now you are talking FMIC , Remaps lol 

slow down...................

I guess this is excitement buddy....

Don't try to fit everything into one thread  :D

fix your window and lock problem first.....

remaps , FMIC and stage 2 type tuning is going to eat your wallet as you need exhaust as well to make the most of it.

This forum will make you spend your money too easy buddy....

But who am I to talk with my mods lol. The brisky bug has bitten me hard.  :D

Lol I'm not going todo it all at once. Wish I could but my misses already moans about the car. ... But oh we'll there made to moan lol

I just saying I can get a remap really cheap. I don't want to go over the top just that little extra bit. Don't really want to change exhaust etc.. As I like the standard sound lol

Just ordered the window mech of ebay so hopefully it will come soon and I'll be able to get my drivers arm tan ha.

Thanks again for the reply. Will write back when I've sorted it

Cheers everyone.

Btw this forum.... Makes me what todo everything to my car now lol

Yeh I'm a brummy lol. I'm hoping to order tomorrow and hope to do it the weekend lol thst when my vac pipe should be here so I can do that bypass thing

Where about are you from mate?

<<<<<<<<<<-------------- Halesowen :)

Edited by mluton

Haha I just worked out what you was pointing at :nerd:

But in my defense... I couldn't see the avatars on my phone :D  Only when just got on the pc.

This site is really....Addictive and makes me want to do so much to my car right now lol :sweat:

Haha I just worked out what you was pointing at :nerd:

But in my defense... I couldn't see the avatars on my phone :D  Only when just got on the pc.

This site is really....Addictive and makes me want to do so much to my car right now lol :sweat:

:p

Just a little update... I did my window :clap:

Not as hard as I thought it would be just a little time  and scratched hands and now its working perfectly... Thanks again to everyone that as helped and replied I love this fourm its the best :D

Only thing to sort out now is this climatronic business ..I s it just the case of getting it regassed or is there another fault ?

Still yet todo the bypass thing as got my pipe just waiting for the t piece to come..Also my fob locks the drivers door again now? So that one  fixed its self lol

Just a little update... I did my window :clap:

Not as hard as I thought it would be just a little time and scratched hands and now its working perfectly... Thanks again to everyone that as helped and replied I love this fourm its the best :D

Only thing to sort out now is this climatronic business ..I s it just the case of getting it regassed or is there another fault ?

Still yet todo the bypass thing as got my pipe just waiting for the t piece to come..Also my fob locks the drivers door again now? So that one fixed its self lol

Difficult to say what's up with your climate control. But I would take it to Kwikfit as they don't charge if they don't get aircon working.

If they get it working it is £50 for regass and top up. If low on refrigerant gass, it will not blow cold.

All done now cost me £35 from local garage to regass and all is we'll

Thanks to this fourm I've sorted my car for quite cheap. So now it's a decent car ... Let's have a play around lol

• Like 1

All done now cost me £35 from local garage to regass and all is we'll

Thanks to this fourm I've sorted my car for quite cheap. So now it's a decent car ... Let's have a play around lol

Glad we could help buddy... :thumbup: 

Just one last thing (For now anyway lol)

I was talking to some guy that was also getting his vrs washd/vacced etc..

And he said that Octavias on a 03 plate upwards with the auq engine have 225 bhp as standard?

I laughed and thought he was joking but then a little voice in my head said  ask on briskoda they will know...

So here I am does my 53 plate auq engine have 180 or 225? Many thanks in advance I think I know what the answer is but you never know lol