WaveyDavey's Superb Twindoor

WaveyDavey

Called off at the dealers today and picked up the Octavia phone holder they had ordered in for me. Cheapest i'd seen them for on ebay was £10 going through to nearly £20..... The cost from the dealer??? £6.40.

Fits a treat and holds the iPhone perfectly... Although think it'd be too small for an iPhone 6.

Dave is xds what the octavia has?

Not sure about the Octy..... It's what the Golf GTi has though so quite possibly it's on the Octy vRS too???

Is Hill Hold available to be activated on my vRS then Dave?

You have to check whether your ABS pump is compatible (Basically the car senses it's on an incline and when you take your foot off the brakes it actually keeps them on for a couple of seconds or until you get biting point and drive away). Some pumps can only do HHC and others can only do XDS i think as well as others that can do both and others can do neither. Mine was compatible with both.

There's a list that someone posted with the list of ABS part numbers and what each one can do..... I believe it's in the thread about the best mod done to your car in the Superb II section.......

In fact here it is..... http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/324387-what-has-been-the-single-best-modification-you-have-done-to-your-superb/?p=3889683

Called off at the dealers today and picked up the Octavia phone holder they had ordered in for me. Cheapest i'd seen them for on ebay was £10 going through to nearly £20..... The cost from the dealer??? £6.40.

Fits a treat and holds the iPhone perfectly... Although think it'd be too small for an iPhone 6.

Where does this go Dave, in the beer holder?

Priced up my next change while I was at the dealers the other day. Not saying any more till I've done it. Something I think is missing from the car that I have had on my last three cars. :)

Priced up my next change while I was at the dealers the other day. Not saying any more till I've done it. Something I think is missing from the car that I have had on my last three cars. :)

It's one of these, isn't it?

http://jeocar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/wing-spoileruniversal-import-spoilers---spoilers-wings---autotoys-qloahsxn.jpg

• Like 2

Stumbled across these H8 fog lamp bulbs today as well Dave. Thought you might be interested, as they claim to have performance as good as night breakers...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221249397821

12 month guarantee anyway.

Those are China cheap clones...why you not go for Osram OEM ?

From experience...run away from cheap bulbs as the can produce more problems then happy...

I'm sticking with the OEM bulbs for now anyway. The one's i tried earlier in the thread weren't as bright and with the times i drive i do use them as intended once or twice a year.....

Last time i listen to that Jake bloke anyway..... ;):D

Well i guess it's a good thing i bought that spare wheel & toolkit off the bay then..... :(

20E9E999-1511-4677-8D3C-94AD582581B2_zps

Clipped a curb yesterday afternoon because another road user with acres of room around them couldn't possibly have given someone else on the road slightly more room ended up with the tyre sidewall being sliced into and the tyre deflating within 60 seconds!!! No damage to the alloy though thankfully.  I then couldn't get the bloody wheel off so had to call Skoda Assist again. (It then took the AA patrol three attempts to get the wheel off!!!!).

So today before the Grand Prix i shall mostly be hunting for a new GoodYear EfficientGrip.

Yeah i saw that Jake but i have also found two local places who have said yep we can get them.... Definitely not the performance version and when they turned up they were both the performance version. So i'm a little unsure about ordering them from Camskill and them turning up being the performance ones. etc...

I did think about that but in the end I've gone for a pair of the RS3s. My local tyre shop have got a couple in so getting them fitted tomorrow afternoon after i get up. I'm then having the good EG back and i'll pop it on here or on eBay.... Looking on ebay similar tyres with similar amount of tread left have been going for around £50 so it'll be a little something back etc...

I'm also only paying for one tyre as my Dad has offered to pay half as the car is also used to transport him and my mum around as my Dad is disabled.

As mentioned in the other tyre thread had the RS3s on today. Payed £210 fitted for the pair and also included in this was the front near side tyre being taken off as it was setting off the TPM every few weeks. Turns out there is a couple of areas of bubbling inside the rim which he has rubbed down to smooth it back out and put the tyre back on. It should keep it going for a while but obviously eventually it'll need sorting properly.

So as i say £210 for that and the RS3s so not too bad. Only took just over half an hour but i was there well over an hour in total chatting with him and his lad as they weren't very busy today and I also got him all the part numbers for the new style centre caps and badges for his Fabia too and also ended up showing one of his mates the TwinDoor's special boot and the umbrella :)

Another reason to use your local tyre shop rather than the big boys.... The friendly chat and banter. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Another couple of little changes today.... Had the Aussie speedo display enabled by Simeon with VCDS. I always assumed the display was on all the time and not selected like any of the other MFD options which was why i hadn't had it done before!!! It's also the next best thing to something that cannot be enabled on the car which is the digital cruise control readout in the bottom left of the maxidot. This is the one thing i missed from the V70 as it meant you could adjust the cruise in 1mph increments. So anyway i can now just switch to the Aussie speedo when i use cruise control so as to aid in setting an exact speed.....

I also set up the two keyfobs to set up the drivers seat and mirrors for either myself on one fob or the mrs on the other fob so no more messing about swapping seat memories when getting in the car. 

The RS3s i had fitted on the rears seem to be going fine so far and i can see me getting a pair for the fronts when the Kumhos eventually require replacing.

And finally as per my other thread in the Superb II forum the maxidot has reverted back to it's proper and normal behaviour of not defaulting to the phone page each and everytime i get in the car..... Don't ask me how it's gone back to how it should work because i haven't got a clue.... It literally just started behaving as it should out of the blue with no input from myself..... But i'm not complaining. 

• Like 1