Well, .... Shes home too

Looks gorgeous! Cant wait for mine to come now.

I was undecided about the L&K alloys and originally didnt really like them, but seeing yours in the pics has totally changed my mind.

I'm wondering if that was a metal grey Superb in the back left corner of the forecourt shot? I ordered that without seeing it and although `i think a few of the Superbs in the Tour de France convey were metal grey, I still am not sure if I've actually seen one for real?

I hadn't seen the Metalic Brown in the flesh either but I have to say it looks cool. I am having it detailed inside and out (engine bay... the full works with opti-coat on August 12th)

The sound system is seriously cool !!

I don't have the DAB/TV option and I was surprised that a DVD will play. 

I have some playing to do to get all the settings right etc

the Kessy system is so far a bit disappointing : My 08 Laguna had a "proximity" key, and when you got out of the car and walked away , the car locked.... I actually have to press a button with the Kessy system to lock the car.  :dull:

Delivery was a little disappointing. The dealer was not really up to speed with the car functions.....

That's great...the combi looks really well in brown and the sunset glass sets it off nicely!  Glad you're happy with the brown on brown.  Have you started playing with all the toys yet?  Did it come with continentals?  Love the house and scenery BTW!

I

the Kessy system is so far a bit disappointing : My 08 Laguna had a "proximity" key, and when you got out of the car and walked away , the car locked.... I actually have to press a button with the Kessy system to lock the car.  :dull:

Delivery was a little disappointing. The dealer was not really up to speed with the car functions.....

I agree about KESSY, its nothing special.  I can't believe how little some dealers actually know (or are bothered to find out) about the cars they are selling and that's a dealer that is selling €100K+ Mercs!

Looks gorgeous! Cant wait for mine to come now.

I was undecided about the L&K alloys and originally didnt really like them, but seeing yours in the pics has totally changed my mind.

I'm wondering if that was a metal grey Superb in the back left corner of the forecourt shot? I ordered that without seeing it and although `i think a few of the Superbs in the Tour de France convey were metal grey, I still am not sure if I've actually seen one for real?

Not a Superb.

but tv is standard on an L&k ?

Think that depends on the "market" I think we get more standard features that cars destined for Ireland :( Likewise I think they get stuff we don't

In Ireland DAB/TV is an extra option .... (i think over a €1000.00) and Sunroof is also an extra option.

but is the car cheaper as a result or do you get something else on the spec sheet in its place?

hah

they tax extras so much here that most cars come with a spacesaver here instead of a full size steel wheel to keep the import tax value down. pan roof runs to around 1.5k iirc

t.

J

I have a feeling they actually pay more than we do... Import duties etc, may be wrong though 

Just over €37K (£30K stg) on the road with maybe metallic paint for a manual hatch L&K rising to around €45K (£36k stg) for a combi DSG 4x4 but that would be without extra spec.  That is a few thousand more than the UK I think but spec does vary a little.

Have a look here and you'll get an idea of the spec we get over here and prices.  Overall you get a better deal in the UK IMO.

http://www.skoda.ie/brochures/Documents/pricelists/SUPERB_FL_2014.pdf

• Like 1

Nice car, I have just had an L & K on 24 hour test drive to see if I like it.  170CR diesel DSG.  I have to say that I did, ALOT!  The one I borrowed was white with ivory interior. 

It came with the following extras: -

Powered tailgate, won't bother if it were mine.

Variable boot floor with aluminium rail and portioning system, great idea and used it.  Would spec this.

MDI, have this on the Octavia, would defo order this.  Plug in a HDD in the centre console and you are sorted for all music.

My only 2 negatives, tried the self park, not sure about this, I can park so can't see me using it so waste of money.

I don't really need a diesel so that leaves me with a V6 which is a tad too juicy and RFL will only get worse. 

I'd like an L & K with the new Octavia 1.8 180BHP TSi and DSG but they don't do it.

In all fairness, would be happy with a CR170 TDi, again why haven't Skoda put the new 184bhp engine out of the Octavia in the FL Superb?

And why  not the 150bhp also?

Wouldn't stop me buying one, great car and will defo be my next purchase.

The one I borrowed was white with ivory interior. 

White with ivory interior.....I've seen it and it just doesn't work!  I think Skoda even advise not to select that colour combo.  I agree about the engines though but wasn't really to be expected as it was only a facelift....I assume the engine line-up for the next model will be 150 and 184 and fingers crossed the twin turbo from the Passat :)

Agreed the combination didn't work. Your right, the new engines will be in the next generation I am sure. I hope they do run the twin turbo, not that sounds like a allot of fun. I was reading about it on the net a month ago.

I like the mark 111 Oct'y but its not that much different to my FL. But I have to say the Superb was fantastic and my 2 lads loved the space in the back. Will defo be a Superb but I am not ready to change just yet, more likely beginning of next year.

A friend of mine who is over six foot put the drivers seat into his position and then sat in the back and was able to comfortably sit and even stretch his legs and I've had a few other taller passengers pleasantly surprised. Headroom is great but possibly slightly reduced with a panoramic roof.

As mentioned above the middle rear seat may be a bit compromised especially with the transmission tunnel. The next gen Superb is supposed to be wider so this may translate to increased interior space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend of mine who is over six foot put the drivers seat into his position and then sat in the back and was able to comfortably sit and even stretch his legs and I've had a few other taller passengers pleasantly surprised. Headroom is great but possibly slightly reduced with a panoramic roof.

As mentioned above the middle rear seat may be a bit compromised especially with the transmission tunnel. The next gen Superb is supposed to be wider so this may translate to increased interior space.

I agree with Superb170, I am 6'2" tall, and with the seat were I need it I can sit in real comfort in the rear, must be well in excess of 18" from the seat base to the back of the front seat, maybe more..

:)

Picked up the car on Thursday 10th July 2014 at 4:30pm: it had 13kms on the clock .  

Brought her for a spin over the weekend: it now has 1080kms on the clock. (13th July at 11pm)

Getting aprox 950kms for a tank.

Only fault noticed so far is, its pulling to the left ever so slightly.

:)

Picked up the car on Thursday 10th July 2014 at 4:30pm: it had 13kms on the clock .

Brought her for a spin over the weekend: it now has 1080kms on the clock. (13th July at 11pm)

Getting aprox 950kms for a tank.

Only fault noticed so far is, its pulling to the left ever so slightly.

Over a thousand kms....that was some spin :). Yes the pulling to the left seems to be fairly common. Mine was quite noticeable but had some adjustments done which helped, it's still not completely straight though. the 40 profile and the Irish roads don't help! The tracking can be temperamental so you might have to keep an eye on that. I've had mine done three times.

950kms sounds about right. That's what I'm getting....well just over 900kms might be closer but depends on driving