Clutch pedal removal

Anybody able to point me in the direction of a walkthrough or able to explain how to remove/ reinstall the clutch pedal assembly on the mk1 vrs.

(The tip of the pedal assembly behind the dash has snapped leaving the pedal useless)

Ive looked and am guessing its the 1 bolt on either side of the assembly, just wondering what to do regarding the spring on the pedal. I have been through haynes but it only seems to mention sensors

there's three bolts, one directly above the pedal and is a (insert expletive of choice) to get at.

iirc the spring assy comes out with the assembly and can be easily removed with pedal in the 'down' position.

disconnecting the master cylinder is via 2 plastic 'tangs' on either side of the plunger.

hth

J.

Couple of how too's here as I had to have mine to bits today.

First one is to remove just the pedal itself, second one is actually a guide to changing the master cylinder but the principal is the same as it guides u through removing the whole pedal assembly.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/167759-replacing-broken-clutch-pedal-how-guide-pics.html

http://uk-mkivs.net/topic/65524-clutch-master-cylinder-diy-replacement-18t-golf-mk4/

• 11 months later...

My fathers went yesterday! The guilds are rather helpful. He's clutch was also a bit stiff before this happened.......could this also be another issue?

Has anyone done this and if so how long did it take? Biggest issue is that its stuck on the road with the drivers side on the road side :(

If you mean to change just the pedal, I did a few weeks ago. It took me about 5 or 6 hours, with many many ciggy breaks, and a half hour phone call from a mate inbetween. I did struggle to get my arms round to the right place once I'd crawled into the footwell, with my back on the door sill, which was, as you can imagine, rather uncomfortable. Hence the many breaks. If I didn't have arms as long as Mr Tickle, but not as bendy, it probably would've been a bit easier.