Remaps....

I've just found a long lost friend from school

Anyway he as always been a wiz kid on computers...long story short

He can get remaps for certain car makes etc... They have been tested and approved he says and said he will do my car for free I'm really tempted as I trust him just not clued up on cars....

Basically I'm asking if it is a 'bad' map. Will it kill my car or can it be undone by another remap or similar

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any help

You can get maps for free from certain popular torrent sites. Wouldn't trust them with a barge pole- get it done by the experts or don't bother IMHO. Could do more harm than good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a bloke doing remaps on ebay a few years back. You sent your ecu to him he put the map on it then posted it back. He got quite a few good reviews on here. I was fairly tempted at the time but never bothered in the end for the simple reason you just dont know what your gonna get. All that hassle of potential engine failure isnt worth it for the sake of say 2-300 quid for a really good map.

so glad I asked on here then lol

I just going to get my other mate to do it he does it for quntom remaps and he has to pay a fee per map and then put his charge ontop so because he is a nice bloke and a good friend he letting me have it at map price which is about 150 so surpose it safer todo it that way rather than risk it

Great advice guys thanks a lot

There was a bloke doing remaps on ebay a few years back. You sent your ecu to him he put the map on it then posted it back. He got quite a few good reviews on here. I was fairly tempted at the time but never bothered in the end for the simple reason you just dont know what your gonna get. All that hassle of potential engine failure isnt worth it for the sake of say 2-300 quid for a really good map.

Morebhp.com??? Loads of the LCR boys use him as well

Getting my remap done tomorrow :-D cant wait been told I should get around 200bhp ish? but it will feel a lot smother etc..

Is there anything else I can do to keep the car in tiptop shape etc...Just gave it a  little service with fresh oil and so on..

Is it also true that pipes and that can start spilting popping due to the remap?

Those postal maps sound like an easy money maker once youve got a good rep

its a bloke called Jason. He has a very good reputation. Through more contact today ive found out he now has a rolling road and map it that way. £249 for the 1.8t. Im tempted again!!