DVD holder for VRS headrest

Has anyone found a headrest mount for the VRS seats yet for portable DVD players? My car is due in a couple of weeks (fingers crossed) and then I'm off to holiday in France a few weeks later, need to keep the young kids occupied for 12 hour journey!

need to keep the young kids occupied for 12 hour journey!

Seriously, I'm not wanting to open up a discussion on parenting here, but what's wrong with books and magazines and I Spy and all the wonderful things that kept kids entertained before portable DVD players and the like?

Or, you could go for my approach, which is to put them in the roof box so you can't hear all the "Are we there yet?"'s.  Not sure what I'm going to do next year when I've got the Octavia and don't need the roof box...  :devil:

DVDs will be far easier than having to answer "what does this word say" every 2 minutes.

Believe me you should enjoy your kids talking to you every two minutes.  In a few years you will be saying, "why don't my teenagers ever talk to me?".

My existing ones fitted ok wrapping Velcro horizontal round instead of under as per normal headrests

+1. I have a Nextbase SDV49-A and it works perfectly mounted that way.

• Like 1

Thanks for the parenting tips, for the record they don't watch DVD's from the offset or for more than a couple of hours, this is more for when the traditional stuff starts getting boring, which I spy does after about 20 minutes.

Thank you for the genuine answers so far, I shall research accordingly.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I've been thinking of this myself. The seat style means the usual headrest pole mounting isn't an option. Velcro isn't so good for crashes though. Our existing car I had a drop down LCD screen put I the ceiling but I'm planning on getting an RS wagon with the pano sunroof so no option there. Pity inbuilt into the front seats isn't an option....or I might see if someone can put some there.

We have very long trips here (oz) and it helps with car sickness giving them something to look up to rather than down. Books are out completely for this reason.

I've been thinking of this myself. The seat style means the usual headrest pole mounting isn't an option. Velcro isn't so good for crashes though. Our existing car I had a drop down LCD screen put I the ceiling but I'm planning on getting an RS wagon with the pano sunroof so no option there. Pity inbuilt into the front seats isn't an option....or I might see if someone can put some there.

We have very long trips here (oz) and it helps with car sickness giving them something to look up to rather than down. Books are out completely for this reason.

Thats a good point. Looking down narrows the windpipe and can cause nausea.

• 1 month later...

The next base holder would work fine on those seats. I've used them on my Mk2 for ages and 3 of my previous cars. They wrap around and clip on place, so that they ate nice and secure. Also means you can remove them easily so they aren't on display

I'm genuinely not seeing how those mounts will work on the vRS seats.

+1.  I have  a Nextbase player (and very good it is, too) and opted for a strap-mount arrangement which works a treat.

+1.  I have  a Nextbase player (and very good it is, too) and opted for a strap-mount arrangement which works a treat.

Is that mount you have just for your system, or universal? I have 2 DVD players to strap in and they're currently gathering dust in the house.

Mine came in the box (Nextbase SDV 49A), but there are many universal ones that would probably work.

They are designed to wrap around the headrest but what I did was to cross the straps diagonally and hook both loops over the top of the passenger seat.  With the straps sitting flat, SWMBO isn't bothered by them.

These are similar in design... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-HEADREST-HARNES-BACK-SEAT-CAR-HOLDER-MOUNT-CRADLE-iPad-TABLET-GPS-DVD-/321193818798?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&var=&hash=item4ac8a4baae

Edit - the straps on that one look too short

This one might be OK http://www.amazon.co.uk/Headrest-Harness-Tablet-Portable-Players/dp/B0044708RA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1420041758&sr=8-4&keywords=in+car+dvd+seat+mount

Edited by Smeghead