Gigaro 17" alloy wheels

Hi, I want to buy a set of gigaro 17" alloys for my Fabia 2 5J combi 1.2, but when I am reding the description of the alloys says (only in combination with a series sport chassis and Styling Kit), Can someone tells me what does it means please? Can I put them on my fabia?

Thanks for helping!!!

post-83078-0-36805200-1405945970_thumb.jpg

Edited by aussiehtp

They'll bolt on fine, but the car isn't set up for such big diameter wheels. Aren't the standard sizes 15"?

I remember I put vRS Alloys on my Mk1 Fabia Comfort and it looked great.

Insurance will be your biggest problem. When changing from 15" to 17" rims you will need to choose tyres which have rolling circumference within 2.5% of the original one. There's plenty calculators on line to tell you which tyre sizes are suitable.

They needed to on the vRS because the Spare is a steel 15" with a 185/55 R 15 on.

& that is near enough the Rolling Circumference & Total Diameter as a 205/40 R 17

(a 195/55 R 15 spare would be even closer in circumference.)

The 17" Gigaro with 205/40 R 17 tyres should be fine, 

maybe even more comfortable on the car without Skoda's idea of Sport Suspension.

For bad roads, potholes etc, maybe 16" Wheels & Suitable tyres would be good.

I like the Rims that are fitted to the Fabia 'Reaction'.

http://kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator

Edited by goneoffSKi

"Only in combination with a styling kit?" is that a fashion advise?

Anyways you will be indeed fine putting them on - the general tyre size choice for this rim is 205/40/17"

1. You will lose in comfort - the profile on your 15" alloys is a nice soft cushion compared to the above profile.

2. Your steering wheel will get a bit heavier due to the wheel's size and weight but you can adjust that through vcds and make it lighter again.

3. Your acceleration times will drop due to the weight and size of the 17" - same goes when braking.