Stupid girl threatens to run over cyclists - internet outrage follows

Saw this elsewhere, and wondered what the Briskoda hive mind would think.

10570401_10203557062421371_7985083429618

Hardly surprisingly, there were various replies and she didn't apologise, but insisted that she was being perfectly reasonable.

It's now been brought to the attention of her employer, and the original tweet has been deleted, but of course screenshots have been taken.

https://www.facebook.com/whitehatmedia/posts/10152307465346902

Ignoring, for a moment, the content of her message, but what makes someone decide to post such drivel on a public forum?

It never ceases to amaze me how people (some apparently well educated types too) think it is right thing to do to put down for eternity every numbingly dull thought that floats across their mind AND think that someone else wants to read it!

So back to this particular message and well, she deserves everything that's coming her way not just for her comment, but also for her temerity in thinking anybody actually wants to read her verbal rubbish.

• Like 1

Stupid woman blithely waffling about cycle paths/lanes. Cycle lanes/paths in this country are generally USELESS. IMO it was a minimum effort with oddly paintwed bits of road to claim xxxxx miles of cycle lanes to their peers in Europe.

Hope she doesn't hit a cyclist in any state of mind (her, not the cyclist). In the near future. Or she'll be minding who drops the soap in the showers.

• Like 1

the original tweet has been deleted

Despite all the warnings and news stories, people still believe they can delete stuff; this tweet hasnt been deleted, it is in storage - waiting for a Police request to release it.

Yes, she is an idiot, but she has a point; but then there are also plenty of idiotic car drivers who drive and park in bike lanes, and position their cars in the bike section at the traffic lights without a single thought entering their vacuous heads.

I give less than half a toss.

If I was outraged by every stupid thing posted on Facebook

I'd be dead within about a day!!

Dumb bimbo demonstrates how thick she is on a publicly viewable

medium. Happens all the time and every day, non stop!

It bothers me far more when they do the same while on the move. For example

I get more annoyed when they can't make a car journey without obligatory white iphone

grafted to their hand and spend every single time they stop for traffic lights, roundabout

or a junction furiously thumbing away at their mobile. And those are the good ones,

I've see others doing all that and dancing at the wheel and taking selfies of them driving while in motion.

I'd happily go on facebook to announce how I'd like their fetid ovaries to dry up and shrivel so 

the world wouldn't be cursed with another brain dead oxygen thief like them. 

And I'm sorry girls but it's YOU LOT that are 10x worse for this. 

I rarely see a guy doing it. Guys if they are using their phone at the wheel

are usually talking on it, and more often than not they are in whatever vehicle they are driving

for a living, be it car, van or lorry. Still unacceptable but not as bad as tweeting/texting/facebooking.  

You notice this so much more from a bike when you are on the white line filtering.

Mobile in hand or on lap, guilty look if you glare at them for doing it.

They know they are doing wrong but don't care, I've been given the middle finger on

many occasions when doing the phone symbol and the head shake....

What really gets me is WHAT ARE THEY POSTING/TEXTING THAT'S SO BLOODY IMPORTANT 

AND EARTH SHATTERING THAT IT CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THEY ARE STOPPED???

And more to the point... Who is reading this SHlT??? Someone must be or they wouldn't post it.  

I swear one of these airhead b1tches will be the one to have me off my bike when 

twittering 'I'm turning right LOL' or some other similar mindless drivel. 

• Like 3

Wow!

Lynch mob out in force there ey?

Only read the first few faceache comments, and that was enough, all sitting behind their keyboards, following each other like bloody sheep in requesting for her head on a pointy stick.

Stupid girl had obviously had some sort of bad experience with a camera  lycra laden cyclist and was probably inappropriately just venting her fury.....like we've ALL stupidly done sometimes.

ALL a bunch of ******* together that need to get a grip of themselves and move on...swiftly. 

Edited by Mr Ree
  • Like 1

VERY unwise for her employer to ramble on with their take on the situation, as that's now  been lept upon with glee and gusto  by the axe and knife wielding internet 'executioners', and boy are they loving it, all baaaahhhhing and bleating in back slapping unison. 

Slippy slope beckons

I'm not quite sure how you come to that conclusion?

OK. Possibly then, maybe? Maybe not.

My sincerest of sincere  apologies for being so presumptuous with the use of a possible inappropriate word ...obviously.

I've now altered/edited  the post you refer to

Better?. If not, let the witch hunt begin?

:dull:

Edited by Mr Ree

I don't see the big deal.  Only yesterday coming over a bridge near me that is single file with traffic lights either end but has a cycle path on each side, not 1 but 2 cyclists chose not to use the path instead waiting at the lights with all the other cars.  When the lights went green the long line of cars had to squeeze past the said cyclists on an already narrow road.  The stupid thing is if they used the cycle path they wouldn't need to stop for the lights.

I thought this has been dredged up from last year to start with.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-25000788

If she'd said this in the office kitchen everyone would probably have had a laugh, someone would have said that's going a bit far, blah blah end of story.

But she was stupid enough to put a silly comment out in to the public domain. If you air your views in public you're fair game for the public to come back at you. And if you choose to publicise views which are inappropriate then you have to deal with the consequences.

She's of a generation that thinks they can say what she likes with no come back. Also has no comprehension of the technology she's used to post her silly comments.

• Like 1

Just followed on twitter.  She's cute and as long as you stay off a bike she won't kill you.  Win win imo.

Maybe, but she's also a bit of dopey 'arf wit that obviously probably didn't intend to carry out what she was stating, but has  got the full fury of the internet warriors association now baying for both her and her employers blood,

Edited by Mr Ree

Unless I'm missing something, at no point in her Twitter feed can I see where she has even mentioned her employer, or caused to bring them into disrepute.

We have a quite strict social media policy and have dismissed people for bringing the company & brand into disrepute on Facebook, but agree can't see why in this case, it would be of any concern to her employer?

• Like 1

had this exact issue this morning, X31 bus packed with 40+ people struggling to overtake a lycra clad cyclist, then when the business park cycle paths (wide, great condition etc) the cyclist stays on the road causing even more delays, must be some of the most selfish road users out there. 100's of people held up all the time because they won't use the provided cycle routes.

• Like 1

Meh.

She said stupid stuff.

People were stupidly "offended"

Stupid over reaction takes place.

Works both ways I'm sure.

Cyclists I'm sure want to lynch road users who don't give them space or over take to then turn left and vice versa

Mrs Pasty knocked a cyclist off a couple of weeks ago. Well actually he knocked himself off.

She turned right through a line of stationery traffic in a built up area; he was carving up the inside of said line of traffic probably feeling pretty smug; and ploughed into her passenger side wheel.

Luckily there was no real damage on either part, so he apologised and continued on.

Everyone trying to get somewhere why don't we all just try to get along :)

had this exact issue this morning, X31 bus packed with 40+ people struggling to overtake a lycra clad cyclist, then when the business park cycle paths (wide, great condition etc) the cyclist stays on the road causing even more delays, must be some of the most selfish road users out there. 100's of people held up all the time because they won't use the provided cycle routes.

But they ARE saving the planet doing their thing though.

Kittens that could possibly have died all over the world, could possibly live as a consequence now, so be grateful

Edited by Mr Ree

Garry your parting comment

... when twittering 'I'm turning right LOL' or some other similar mindless drivel. 

reminded me of this (It's from a TV show but quite relevant I think)

g5gHBF5.png

• Like 1

The internet where what you say will be used against you by a bunch of self righteous god complex self deceiving supposed angles. To err is human, people get angry and will seek revenge against what they perceive as wrongs committed against them. Actually following through on sentiments expressed in anger is rare.

Also posting you intend to harm or kill someone for something they said on the Internet does exactly inspire confidence in their ability to function outside the secure mental health facility they should be detained within.

Internet warriors at the ready all hail the knee jerk over reaction and inquisition. We shall make you repent for actions suggested by all means necessary to appease the baying mob.