Octavia Elegance with small styling modifications

Hi all.

Thought I'd share with you my modified Elegance. I can appreciate all mods are a matter of taste, so some might not approve, but I am posting this as when researching I couldn't find many images and/or ideas, so it might help folk out with their decisons.

Original spec was 1.6 TDi Elegance with Race Blue metallic and rear privacy glass as extras.

Unfortunately when I ordered the car the chrome window trim was unavailable, so I decided to stick with black roof bars as well. This then drove me (like the pun?) to 'black pack' my car, as the light coloured wheels and chrome grill it arrived with didn't sit well with the black roof bars and window rubbers (IMO). The ride height for me was also visually unappealing.

Mods are:

Mirror Caps - Black Metallic (5E0072530B)
Grill - Black Metallic (5E0853761AF9R)

Skoda Turini 18" Alloy Wheels - Black (5E0071498ZG6)

Tyres - Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance (225/40 R18 92W)

H&R Lowering Springs - 40mm (Part number: 28833-1 - fit models with Front Axle Load up to 1010kg)

The photo was taken after about 4 miles of driving so I am fully expecting the springs to settle some more. I'll take another picture of the car in better light later and post it up.

Thanks to German Autocare (Leeds) for fitting all the items at a what I felt was a very reasonable rate. To get the best prices parts were sourced from as far away as Czechoslovakia.

post-116439-0-23521900-1406189866_thumb.jpg
post-116439-0-30075400-1406189851_thumb.jpg

I think overall the car does look more aggresive. SWMBO said it looked 'heavy' :makeup: .

Edited by airscool
  • Like 2

Looks the dogs wotsits mate! Really like the black pack look on the Octy with any paint colour - it just seems to suit the car. On other marques I often find the black packs only work on white for the contrast or on black for the stealth look.

• Like 2

I like it :happy: , probably not cheap to of sourced and had fitted but it does give a good look without it becoming a bit chav.

I am tempted with the lower look for my own, but will resist for now....

Just a word of warning though, there is no such place as Czechoslovakia anymore! I thought i would correct you politely because the last person who posted that word had their ear chewed over it. Its now known as the czech republic.

Good job, well done and enjoy that new look ride. :sun: 

Edited by Pumatron
  • Like 1

Hi all.

Thought I'd share with you my modified Elegance. I can appreciate all mods are a matter of taste, so some might not approve, but I am posting this as when researching I couldn't find many images and/or ideas, so it might help folk out with their decisons.

Original spec was 1.6 TDi Elegance with Race Blue metallic and rear privacy glass as extras.

Unfortunately when I ordered the car the chrome window trim was unavailable, so I decided to stick with black roof bars as well. This then drove me (like the pun?) to 'black pack' my car, as the light coloured wheels and chrome grill it arrived with didn't sit well with the black roof bars and window rubbers (IMO). The ride height for me was also visually unappealing.

Mods are:

Mirror Caps - Black Metallic (5E0072530B)

Grill - Black Metallic (5E0853761AF9R)

Skoda Turini 18" Alloy Wheels - Black (5E0071498ZG6)

Tyres - Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance (225/40 R18 92W)

H&R Lowering Springs - 40mm (Part number: 28833-1 - fit models with Front Axle Load up to 1010kg)

The photo was taken after about 4 miles of driving so I am fully expecting the springs to settle some more. I'll take another picture of the car in better light later and post it up.

Thanks to German Autocare (Leeds) for fitting all the items at a what I felt was a very reasonable rate. To get the best prices parts were sourced from as far away as Czechoslovakia.

attachicon.gifside-profile.jpg

attachicon.gifleft-frontquarter.jpg

I think overall the car does look more aggresive. SWMBO said it looked 'heavy' :makeup: .

It looks mean. Didn't know that you could put black mirror caps.

I like it :happy: , probably not cheap to of sourced and had fitted but it does give a good look without it becoming a bit chav.

I am tempted with the lower look for my own, but will resist for now....

Just a word of warning though, there is no such place as Czechoslovakia anymore! I thought i would correct you politely because the last person who posted that word had their ear chewed over it. Its now known as the czech republic.

Good job, well done and enjoy that new look ride. :sun: 

Ooops yes thanks for the correction. That was a quick additional edit with my 42 year old brain disengaged. Not able to edit my post now for some reason!

Got a great deal on the wheels at Horton Skoda.

Springs £140 from a German company on ebay.

Tyres for £84 a pop from Tyre Leader.

Mirror caps, grill and some threshold plates (5E0071303) from http://skodadop.com in the Czech Republic for less than £90.

:)

Wow..looks good!

How would you say that the ride quality feels like after you lowered it?

It feels very good.

Obviously it is a lot stiffer, which you can feel in the cabin, but it's not abusive in any shape or form and it doesn't make the car feel like it will fall apart. Riding over pot holes and such like doesn't produce any nasty banging or thumping that you would have expected years ago when lowering a car. I haven't pushed it hard but it does feel a lot sturdier in the corners and the roll has reduced massively.

I am also hoping the lower stance and the Goodyear's tyre ratings over the factory tyres might improve the economy. No loss if it doesn't!

Edited by airscool

The VRS is already a firm ride so if yours is a lot stiffer, it must be hard. I had coilovers on my old MK4 V6 Golf and that was bone shatteringly hard and thumped loudly everytime over a pot hole. It felt like I was breaking the car.

Do you find the car rattles with your new suspension?

Was it difficult to get hold of the wheels? I like the look of them a lot, subtle changes makes such a great improvement!

Looks really smart! The elegance must have pretty soft suspension theb as I think my vrs is a bit on the soft side. I'm thinking of getting some H&R springs next year for it.

• Like 1

The VRS is already a firm ride so if yours is a lot stiffer, it must be hard. I had coilovers on my old MK4 V6 Golf and that was bone shatteringly hard and thumped loudly everytime over a pot hole. It felt like I was breaking the car.

Do you find the car rattles with your new suspension?

What sort of coilovers? They must have been poorly spec'd/setup as we have coilovers on my wife's mx5 and although its firm its really quite smooth and only a little rougher than the standard suspension was!

The dark fogs that you get with bi xenons would finish it off a treat. Love the wheels, black pack and lowering all v OEM

Not sure how they differ. Do you have a link to some - or a car piccie with some on?

Very nice indeed! Turini's look the business and lowering makes a big difference. I will go with the factory sports suspension and hope it is low enough although I think 40mm is better (as in pics above).

Edited by Falkster
  • Like 1

Very nice indeed! Turini's look the business and lowering makes a big difference. I will go with the factory sports suspension and hope it is low enough although I think 40mm is better (as in pics above).

You can always lower it later using the same springs. This would give you the extra 25mm as they lower 40mm over stock.

Skoda Octavia Estate 2013 onwards H&R part numbers:

28833-1 - fit models with Front Axle Load up to 1010kg)

28833-2 - fit models with Front Axle Load from 1011kg)

You can always lower it later using the same springs. This would give you the extra 25mm as they lower 40mm over stock

It's a company car so will need to ensure no warranty issues.

... To get the best prices parts were sourced from as far away as Czechoslovakia. ...

since 1993 the Czech Republic, not Czechoslovakia