Fabia vrs timing belt and water pump change

The indy I take my car to has quoted me

£143 for a gates kit with pump and aux belt (inc vat)

£180 labour (inc vat)

I'm not sure if their price for the parts includes aux belt tensioner etc. I've done a search on the subject but still not sure - How many parts are there to the aux belt system? belt, tensioner ?....

Edited by silver_fox

Dayco and Conti tensioners are pants. That is all.

I had mine replaced by my mate in November '14 and it failed on the way to the last Castle Combe meet pretty much like you later describe. That was a Dayco. 

I'm not sure if their price for the parts includes aux belt tensioner etc. I've done a search on the subject but still not sure - How many parts are there to the aux belt system? belt, tensioner ?....

No, it won't, unless your aux belt tensioner sounds bad you really don't need to worry about it, I cleaned out and repacked the bearing in mine as a precaution while it was off.

No, it won't, unless your aux belt tensioner sounds bad you really don't need to worry about it, I cleaned out and repacked the bearing in mine as a precaution while it was off.

Apparently that price does include the aux belt tensioner... and gates do them too which i didn't know.

So that's; (for future reference / Vrs 1.9 pd 130)

OEM

Timing belt kit: 038 198 119A (including tensioner, relay roller)

Individually

Timing belt:  038 109 119P

Tensioner:  038 109 243M

Relay Roller:  038 109 244J

Water Pump:  045 121 011HX

Aux Belt: 038 903 137 AA (6V - 1180)

Aux Belt Tensioner: 038 903 315 AH

Engine mount bolts (Advised not necessary, but the numbers are):  

N90628303

N10286205

Gates Kit:  Fabia vrs ASZ / BLT

K055569XS - Timing belt kit (No waterpump)

KP55569XS-2 - Timing belt kit incl waterpump

Aux sytem:

6PK1183 - Belt only

K056PK1183 - Belt and tensioner kit

Hope that helps

Can someone provide me with a link to the fixed price list? I wish to moan at my local dealer a) about poor spelling and B) the price! Expect more from a dealer than a dodgy txt reply

Can someone provide me with a link to the fixed price list? I wish to moan at my local dealer a) about poor spelling and B) the price! Expect more from a dealer than a dodgy txt reply

Sorry mate, can't help you with that. Would be good info for the thread though...

• Like 1