Creaking noise coming from front nearside wheel arch / footwell

Hi all, we have recently had a load of roadworks round our way, and having contended with the temporary ramps they've put in place (as well as LOADS of potholes previously) I noticed a creaking noise coming from the nearside wheel arch / footwell area. Somebody said something about bearing, but would like to know more about this pls... So far as I know it will cause MOT fail, but won't be a problem putting off getting fixed for a bit. Is that right? (Sorry if this is a nobby question, I'm new to motoring & learning as I go...)

Edited by ionfly

Unless you have had new console bushes in the fairly recent past, I'd guess you have a badly torn apart one causing the noise.  Grab the NSF wheel at 3/9 o'clock and pull/push alternately with each hand. Do you hear the same noise? 

Unless you have had new console bushes in the fairly recent past, I'd guess you have a badly torn apart one causing the noise.  Grab the NSF wheel at 3/9 o'clock and pull/push alternately with each hand. Do you hear the same noise?

Many thanks, will check tomorrow... Should have mentioned in original post, creaking is only occurring when we go over bumps in the road etc... Not constant by any means and seems to have gotten better in the past couple of days, strangely enough.