Fabia II vRS Alloys going on SE

Hello!

Picked up a brand new set of Fabia mk2 vRS alloys (14 plate) from North Yorkshire on Thursday for my Special Edition :) Pictures will follow shortly once I make the account on that picture thing! Just painfully waiting for the weekend to pass so my set of four brand new Hankook Ventus v12 evo 2's get here! Was close to getting Audi Comps but wanted to be one of the few so far who have the Gigaro's.

post-104544-0-36767400-1407576464_thumb.jpg

Does anyone else have the diamond cut ones on a Fabia vRS mk1??

post-104544-0-55216800-1407576498_thumb.jpg

I don't want to cause upset so my intention is not to 'advertise' but I want to gauge interest in the Mk1 Fabia vRS alloy, are they being bought, is it worth me selling mine? They have been finished in gloss black if that makes them more appealing.. just want to know from you lot if they would sell or if I'd be best keeping them as a winter wheel! (This sentence will be edited out if seen to be incorrect use of the forum and its rules so moderators get in touch if you want it removing)

Spacers, what do we think people??

Thank you for viewing I know its boring at the minute but in a couple of days I'll be uploading lots of pictures hopefully!

Maybe best to keep your Black Wheels for the Winter if they put Salt down where you drive.

Be sure to put some Copper Grease on the Mating surface inside the wheels, the Dark Chrome Gigaro are really bad for getting White Spider near the Centres under the Lacquer and further up the Spokes.

& be sure who ever is fitting the tyres is careful with the Rim Edges.

They are Wheels that are so easily marked and damaged, and prone to corrosion.

george

eg.

& why so many Dark Chrome Gigaro have been replaced over the past 4 years.

Edited by goneoffSKi

It does not stop any chance of it, it reduces it from the front, and you can use sealer at the back.

But the Dark Chrome Gigaro get moisture under the lacquer from the rear of the wheel even when no visible damage to the Front outer side.

The Centre Hub area is really an issue, so worth giving some attention to.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/240344-chrome-alloy-corrosion-offer

george

Edited by goneoffSKi

Maybe they are dropping your a hint....you need spiders FTW :D

Sorry !

Nice idea with the MKII's though. The guy I just bought 1 spider spare from sold a really nice powdercoated set for £100 so prices aren't great for the standard

(and as you aren't Freedom you aren't selling here right)

So keep them....as mentioned above, best for spare. I've still got my 16s as spares come in handy sometimes

It will look different on an SE, and with diamond cut style to the alloys,

but this would give a rough idea:

http://www.vagowners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?16762-Fabia-VRS-Gigaro-Alloy-Wheels-Black!-on-my-MK1-Check-them-out!!!

Vamps the car up to looking more modern without looking cheap/aftermarket ! Nice choice.

It will look different on an SE, and with diamond cut style to the alloys,

but this would give a rough idea:

http://www.vagowners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?16762-Fabia-VRS-Gigaro-Alloy-Wheels-Black!-on-my-MK1-Check-them-out!!!

Vamps the car up to looking more modern without looking cheap/aftermarket ! Nice choice.

They look lovely in that colour

Get some pics of yours on when fitted OP

Just noticed your in Lincoln. Not too far from me if you want me to do them for you?

Hi mate, sure that would be spot on. Is it ok for them to be on the car? I'm likely to be having them fitted tomorrow you see. When is a good time and where are you?

It does not stop any chance of it, it reduces it from the front, and you can use sealer at the back.

But the Dark Chrome Gigaro get moisture under the lacquer from the rear of the wheel even when no visible damage to the Front outer side.

The Centre Hub area is really an issue, so worth giving some attention to.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/240344-chrome-alloy-corrosion-offer

george

Scary. Whats the chance of my getting them replaced by skoda? My car is under used car warranty until next month but of course the wheels arnt standard for my car.. it's but I deal in this case to have them replaced with black ones then. I never read up on them as I just didn't expect these issues. They're so pretty though :(

Just look after them, or have them Painted now before they do corrode.

They do mark very easily and damage to the Lacquer Area is easy to do as you have noticed.

Skoda are not going to be interested  unless they are New Bought Wheels with a receipt from a Skoda Outlet and then have a 2 Year Warranty,

I take it yours are a 'Take Off' from a Mk2.

george

PS 

I have Black Gigaro & Dark Chrome Gigaro, the Black ones are not exactly Heavy Duty either, they chip quite easily.

Edited by goneoffSKi

I see, they are a 'take off' set from a 14 plates mk2. May end up having them painted then, bit of a shame. Is it not an easy task (for a professional) to strip the chrome part down and remove the white marks, then lacquer them again?

You can do, you Degrease, prepare and paint with the appropriate paint.

Or some just spray with Plastidip or the likes.

Or pay lots and have them stripped and painted,  or sell them again, or Look after them and get them painted or Coated in the Future.

They will probably be fine for the Summer if you grease the back and Seal them on the front surface,

and put them away when the Salt is on the roads.

I have ones that were replaced under Warranty that are still as new,

but then they are off the car & in the Dry shed.

george

Edited by goneoffSKi

A few people have run the gigaros on mk1'd and they suit it very well.

I had a spare set a couple of years ago and let vrsrs try them on his black mk1 vrs. There are some pictures floating around here somewhere.

I had chrome gigaros on my mk2 vrs estate and have three sets replaced under warranty for white worm - no kerbing either.

Just be careful and use a good sealant regularly and no wheel acid!

Every time I spend loads on something I get it wrong!

So, is wheel acid the stuff that removes brake dust?

Should I sell them now and hope I don't make a loss?

Do I get them sprayed?

This has certainly taken the wind out of my sails, I was really looking forward to these :(

Edited by Edition no.295

A MASSIVE THANK YOU

To BTS22, who invited me over to his to seal my new alloys with the great products he uses. He even gave me some products to keep me going and keep the alloys in good condition, he could'by have been more friendly and helpful. Ben you are an absolute credit to the forum, thank you very much and I'll be keeping in touch with you.

Thanks again,

Cameron

• Like 1