Best suspension set up

How much difference does an ARB make on a mk2 VRS? I need to change dampers and will probably buy a B12 kit, but just wondering what effect an ARB will have? Any links appreciated.

It's made a big difference on other cars I've owned and I have an adjustable front one on the Elise.

Big difference, we'll worth doing. It won't ever be an Elise but with good geo, good dampers and a stiffer rear arb it's a very significant improvement.

Which Elise do you have? I had a mk2 before the mini-mees arrived.

• Like 1

Btw - I tried auto tech and h&r rear bars - the h&r would be my recommendation out of those two based on the superior design of the bush :thumbup:

Both are adjustable. Or you could go the pikey mod and drill some new holes in your oe bar :)

Thanks Rob. Owned 4 Elise's both S1 and S2 variants with K series, Audi and sc Honda. Current one is a S1 with a modified 111s engine, Nitron NTR's and various other bits.

My dampers are well overdue for replacement as they are original and the car is now on 119000 miles! I've also got a Fiesta ST2 at the moment and the handling difference is massive.

• Like 1

I'd eventually be looking for stock springs and uprated dampers but apart from excellent experience with Koni top adjustables has anyone had really good feedback from any damper only upgrades? Happy with the comfort of the OE springs, just wanna up the game a bit. :)

Yellow Konis rust from the inside after a few years, had them on Mk1 Octy and one eventually cracked. Bilstein Sports B6 are much better both handling and durability wise.

I've fitted a Bilstein B12 kit with Eibach Springs, it's dropped the car a further 15mm compared to the OEM sports suspension which is already 15mm lower than standard. I had a bargain on eBay for £251 but the kit came with H&R springs which were the incorrect weight for the front so I sold them and bought some Eibach Pros and quite frankly it's the best money I've ever spent on the car, it now handles like something that ressembles an out of control GoCart lol!

Bilstein B12 with H&R Springs £251.

Sold H&R Springs for £90.

Bought Eibach Pro Springs for £121.

Fitting cost £160 with New Anti Roll Bars Bushes.

Total: £442 bargain!

Edited by billywhiz040480

I'd eventually be looking for stock springs and uprated dampers but apart from excellent experience with Koni top adjustables has anyone had really good feedback from any damper only upgrades? Happy with the comfort of the OE springs, just wanna up the game a bit. :)

yes b6 + stock springs makes a good upgrade, it sharpen up the handling and makes it really stable for fast motorway driving Edited by wiilydog

Had Koni FSD's with Eibach sports springs and an APR 28mm RARB, the fronts went bouncy at 75K mile so swapped them for a new set and went back to standard RARB and the OE springs, result! the car is very comfortable but believe it or not the handling does not seem any worse, very composed no dive / squat and very little extra roll, makes me wonder why I suffered the hard eibach combo for so long and for £480 from AGTI its one of the best things I have ever done, if your not bothered about lowering this is definately the way to go.