Aerial removal

lambic

Hi there,

This is my first post so please forgive if this has been asked before!

I've recently bought an 03 plate Fabia 1.9 TDi Elegance & have to say it's probably the best car I've owned.

However, the aerial is quite tatty, so I bought a new aerial rod from a main dealer assuming I could just unscrew the old one. The original aerial will unscrew, allowing the rod to swivel down, but won't come out completely.

Does anyone know how to completely remove it?

Many Thanks

I have been told by someone who has changed his aeriel on his fabia vrs that once you have unscrewed it as far as it will go, the bottom of the aeriel is in a little ball and socket so a good pull gets it out so you shouldnt damage your threads.

• 10 years later...

Hi i have a old fabia which is manufactured on 2009. i tried to remove the ariel antenna. it got un screwed but wont be come out. please tell me how could i remove after un screwed it. please help me anyone.  

Hi i have a old fabia which is manufactured on 2009. i tried to remove the ariel antenna. it got un screwed but wont be come out. please tell me how could i remove after un screwed it. please help me anyone.