Journeys too short

Woodmaster

I've noticed since I got my new Yeti, that journeys have become shorter, and that I find myself wishing we hadn't got there so quickly! The car really is that enjoyable to drive.

Only had it two months so far but it is by far the most fun I've had for years. I've added a Columbus satnav unit, amended the microphone to allow voice control of the Columbus, and yesterday fitted a new external gps/ radio oem shark fin aerial. This has improved the gps reception by at least 50%.

Also bought some boreal wood trim for the dash from a Briskoda member ( looks brilliant - makes the dash less distracting and somehow more "integrated"). Fitted f&r mudflaps, and a spare wheel kit.

I'm in danger of becoming obsessive!

• Like 2

I'm in danger of becoming obsessive!

That's a good thing, surely.  ;)

Welcome Woodmaster, and don't forget to post some photos of the modifications, so we can all enjoy them. :)

Welcome too and congratulations on choosing a fine vehicle. Just completed a 1500 mile in a week journey in mine. Excellent all round. Never stop enjoying it as I'm sure you will.

Do you happen to have the part number and supplier of your shark fin as I retrofitted a Columbus and fancy changing to an external GPS aerial.

Some pics as suggested maybe?

Just driven over 200 very enjoyable miles Bristol to North wales over 50 mpg using a and B roads and maintained dab reception all the way,hate to admit but might have been even better with dsg on some slow roads with a lot of changing down.

Hi Woodmaster, Have found over many years (40+) that a gentle Warm Up on Idle, before travel-ling small distances, can have beneficial benefits to Long term longevity of both Petrol and especially Diesel motors.

I start my "Snowman" walk to letter box wait a couple of minutes and drive. Hope this helps.

Hi Woodmaster, Have found over many years (40+) that a gentle Warm Up on Idle, before travel-ling small distances, can have beneficial benefits to Long term longevity of both Petrol and especially Diesel motors.

I start my "Snowman" walk to letter box wait a couple of minutes and drive. Hope this helps.

We have a law against leaving vehicles running while not being attended - item 123

I was always lead to believe that it was bad for an engine to be left idling from start-up and it was best to drive off immediately on starting to ensure minimum premature engine wear.

I am no expert however!