Road surface feedback from 17" Dunlop Sport Maxx tyres

Noticed particularly over the last couple of hundred miles or so (only covered just over 600 in total), that I'm getting a resonance/vibration which is mostly felt through the accelerator pedal and I'm assuming its road surface feedback from the tyres being transmitted through the suspension into the floor-pan, which the accelerator 'box' is bolted directly too; roads round here are quite rough.

So I was just wondering what others who might be running 17" rims and particularly factory Dunlop Sport Maxx are experiencing; is it common to the Rapid/Spaceback, the Dunlop tyre, or unfortunately a peculiarity of my car :wonder:

Experienced similar with two previous Yeti's, one seemed quite prone to road transmitted vibration the other not.

Regards,

TP

I have this combination on my Toledo 1.6 tdi and I do feel the road noise is quite loud depending on the surface. Having said that, they do seem to grip very well in the wet so I've no overall complaints. I'll probably try something different when the time comes though.

I had these on a fabia thought i was going to get white finger with the vibrations when it was time to change the tyres i got contact 2 it stopped

Thanks, so its looking like tyres; hope they wear down to 3mm fairly quickly then.

Oh did you mention in another post those rims came with Toyo's, not seen them used as a factory tyre before. How are you finding them :wonder:

Regards,

TP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...