N75 and WD40

mobz

My turbo use to turn of pretty much once in the morning everyday. Had this for approx 2.5 years, been to a lot of garages, VCD'ed, checked MAF/MAP sensors etc....

Then I was advised by a local mobile mechanic which I've been using for over a year, to spray WD40 down the n75 valve, 5 days on and no turbo switch off :-)

Happy days for now.....but I assume I need a new n75? Anyone else experienced this? Cost for a new replacemt?

Ps turbo spool up sounds better now too, before there use to be a faint whistling noise at around 1 bar boost, but now it's sort of gone too

This has totally confused me. So you've sprayed WD40 in to your vacuum box? Lol Can we expand how that would do anything? (Please excuse my ignorance if this is obvious).

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

N75 controls the VTN, opening closing the vanes/actulator (?), apparently the solenoid mechanisms inside the n75 become dry and stop operating properly, I little bit on lublication helps restore functionality. Very high level overview from what I sort of unsderstod when it was explained to me. I could be wrong tho lol