Rear interior lights

Hello all,

I read a post that said the rear internal light didn't come on when you opened the doors. It was just a manually operated light.

Is this still the case with the latest production cars? It seems odd design.

(Don't have mine for a while get)

Thanks Alex

Nope, when you open the doors, the rear and front interior lights switch on automatically.

The interior lights are very strong by the way, you get a very good lightened interior at night.

But the luggage light was very low lighted. So I bought a led light for the luggage and put it on the orriginal light.

Now it is much better.post-120754-0-36905900-1409948055_thumb.

post-120754-0-36905900-1409948055_thumb.jpg

Edited by waskom

Nope, when you open the doors, the rear and front interior lights switch on automatically.

The interior lights are very strong by the way, you get a very good lightened interior at night.

But the luggage light was very low lighted. So I bought a led light for the luggage and put it on the orriginal light.

Now it is much better.post-120754-0-36905900-1409948055_thumb.

Would you share details about that LED?

Specifications and where you got it?

Would you share details about that LED?

Specifications and where you got it?

It´s a led panel light. As big as the orriginal boot light of my spaceback.

You have to take the orriginal light bulb out, and put the led bulb in place of the orriginal.

After that you can stick the led on it and put the box back in its place.

It´s actually much brighter than it looks like on the pictures.

post-120754-0-82582600-1410034733_thumb.jpg

post-120754-0-02246000-1410034740_thumb.jpg

post-120754-0-15616200-1410034746_thumb.jpg

Nice trick!

Would you tell me where you've bought it or a reference, please?

@Zove I bought it from a car tuning shop in Turkey. But I'm sure you will find one on internet in your country.

All three interior lights in our Spaceback come on when you open the doors, if you select the correct switch position but couldn't say if this is the case with the standard Rapid.

TP

Not sure about the later cars, but on my June 2013 registered Rapid, only the front light comes on when you open the door.  The rear light is just a two position on/off switch.

Not sure about the later cars, but on my June 2013 registered Rapid, only the front light comes on when you open the door.  The rear light is just a two position on/off switch.

Same for me, car was registered in July 2013. It's a pain, when it's really dark, you can't see anything.

When I first got my 2013 rapid, I found that the rear light not coming on was annoying... That was until I had my little boy in the car one night and he was able to sleep, even when we pulled in for a pit stop. so I now find it a useful feature :) but the mod looks straight forward enough...

I've got a 62 Toledo, and the rear is only operated by an on/off button, getting that sorted tonight, having the rear connected to front, so anytime from is on, rear is on. I'm a taxi driver & majority of customers sit in the rear, reaching round to turn the rear light on is a mega inconvienunce.

Will cost me about £10 from my Autospark to have the job completed.

G

• Like 2

Check this thread for info if your rear interior light doesn't come on with the front and you want it to: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/309723-rear-interior-light-wiring-mods/

Ade (wire) was very kind and did mine for me, did an excellent job  :thumbup:

Maybe a moderator (if any are reading) could move that thread to the Rapid technical guides forum?

• Like 1