H&R Springs - A Quick Review

I dont know!

Maybe they are the same springs (same part number!) but since the RS is already 15mm lower than standard octavia, they cannot say that the springs will lower 40mm in the RS..

Well mine arrived yesterday! Picked them up from my local post office, hope to get them fitted over the next week.. :)

• Like 1

Can you please post a picture of the description in the box, and a picture of the springs? Did they came with bumper stops?

Mine should arrive tomorrow and i can check if they are the same.

Thanks!

I dont know!

Maybe they are the same springs (same part number!) but since the RS is already 15mm lower than standard octavia, they cannot say that the springs will lower 40mm in the RS..

I think you are probably right. If they sold the springs for the vRS saying 40mm drop people would probably complain.

If in too much doubt double check on H&R's website.

Ok,

I just spoke directly with H&R and their answer is:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

The Octavia is special: The spring fit both rear axle versions without problems.
There is no difference between the "normal" rear axle and the VRS rear axle.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen  /  best regards

Yvonne Menzebach
Export / Sales
H&R Spezialfedern GmbH & Co. KG

Elsper Straße 36
57368 Lennestadt / Trockenbrück
T: +49 2721 / 9260-0 /-47
F: +49 2721 / 10708
E: [email protected]
www.h-r.com"

So there is no difference between this 2 springs http://dm-cartuning.de/navi.php?suchausdruck=28833-2&JTLSHOP=qgakmj3evjbahihhancrtrr9n5

:D

I dont know!

They will lower the vRS an additional 25mm. 40mm from the stock ride height.

Good work, apologies I didn't get the pics of mine, had them in the boot of my car and kept on forgetting to do it! 

They are the same as mine, when are you getting yours fitted?

I'm hoping to get mine fitted next week, just sorting 20mm spacers for the rear, leaving the front for the mo as doesn't look too bad in my opinion where as the back wheels look lost on mine! 

Just want them all fitted now lol!!

I had to sell an STi forester I had (partly) due to the harsh ride the coilovers gave the car, so I'm a little gun shy on new springs for the Octy!

Octavia on OEM sport suspension dampers, kitted out with quality springs from Eibach or H&R doesn't kill daily usage at all.

I see often referals to "get this" partno., but it depends on weights, which type of spring - "a little vs medium drop" - etc. All in all, if any doubts if too stiff for everyday usage, it seems Octavias (atleast mk2s in UK) has had the pleasure of dealership offering on Eibachs for RS. Accordingly, get the ca 30~35mm drop (and not the stepup, 45~50mm is it?) on OEM sport dampers or equally upgraded sport gas dampened-struts, and you WILL get a lot of comfort, pretty decent drop, and overall nice tweaks for body roll under breaking etc.

I have OEM sport suspension on my 1.4, and seriously consider giving it the Eibach Sportline 30~35mm (so, marginally drop over OEM) due better feeling of such setup.

H&R springs installed in mine VRS!

First impression after some tests- PERFECT!

Second impression - i need spacers   :D

Just bought a new kit of Eibach Pro Spacer 15mm from a local shop - 70€ with screws - and it fits 5* in the back  :devil:

After some more kms i will think about spacers at front, but for now it´s  :thumbup:

• Like 2

Just bought a new kit of Eibach Pro Spacer 15mm from a local shop - 70€ with screws - and it fits 5* in the back  :devil:

After some more kms i will think about spacers at front, but for now it´s  :thumbup:

We need pics! Got to wait another week till I fit mine :(

I run 10mm front and 15mm rear.

I did consider 20mm at the back, but every so often I load the boot with a huge tool chest and trolley jack etc and was concerned about the tyres fouling.

More "whole car" before and after pictures required!  :clap:  :thumbup:

Can you advise if you just used the 15mm spacers on the rear, any spacers on the front?

Looks GREAT!!

Morning all,

I have my H&R springs sat ready to go on once my mate returns from holiday (mates rates)! Just wondering, obviously with the change of springs the tracking is required to be checked and re-aligned, but have any of you also had the camber checked and changed to suit?

I've read a few things stating, it won't cause a massive issue and other articles stating camber is the most important thing when lowering.

May be a stupid question, may not but thought I'd ask for piece of mind rather than go through tyres like nothing.

Any advice/experience on the Vrs hatch would be appreciated.

cheers

More "whole car" before and after pictures required!  :clap:  :thumbup:

Can you advise if you just used the 15mm spacers on the rear, any spacers on the front?

Looks GREAT!!

Just install today 10mm Eibach spacers on front (i have also 15mm on the back).

Looking great!

jg4caa.jpg

• Like 1