vRS - Going to dealer tomorrow

Hi all,

Heading to see a new vRS tomorrow. Very well specced (lists at £27390) but I'm not sure I'm going to find it as comfortable as my mk7 Golf GT. I sat in another vRS at the weekend. Little bit disappointed with door cards being fabric free, and the handbrake being on the wrong side. Other than that I thought it was okay. What I can't get my head around is that it seems expensive compared to its competitors. At £27k thats A4 / 3 series / C class money.

Any thoughts on what I should be looking to pay for it?

Thanks 

If you put up specs, I'm sure we can advise better.  Petrol / Diesel, Manual / DSG, Hatch / Estate, any optional extras?

I paid about 27K for my 220 PS TSI, Manual Estate with extras..

After a week with my new vRS, I don't even notice the handbrake being on the wrong side - I've gotten used to it pretty darn quick.

And we've had the 'expensive' argument many many times.  You say yourself it's very well specced - and if you compare it to A4 / 3 series / C class you won't get anything anywhere near as well specced (comparing list for list, that is).

As for what you should be paying for it - just remember that there is still a long wait for factory orders, so it may be that a stock one commands a premium... what you don't say is if it is new or if it's ex-demo or what... so trying to give you a figure is a little bit pointless.

• Like 2

Sorry for lack of info. Its an odd one, pre-reg, but only a few days old? The dealer has a few in differing specs. I also look at the cost to own it over a year or so, such that the price to buy / what its worth after a year is of more interest to me than the initial cost. Hence it might be 'cheaper' to own a 3 series for example over 12 months.

Thanks in advance.

Spec below;

iPearlescent Black Magic, Upgrades - Metallic Paint, 'Columbus' Satellite Navigation System with multitouch colour 8" screen with DAB/Dual SD/CD/USB/AUX/Bluetooth and 64GB Internal memory, Electric sunroof, Winter Pack Incl Heated Front Seats, Heated Windscreen and Heated Washer Nozzles, Black design package incl mirrors and radiator surround, Privacy glass, 36 months warranty, New bodywork, Black Cloth interior - New Condition, Standard Features - 18" 'Gemini' anthracite alloy wheels, Bi-Xenon, AFS and LED daytime running lights, integrated headlight washer and rain sensor, Cruise control, Lumbar support, Electric windows, 3x3 point rear seat belts, Airbags, Remote central locking, 3 spoke Multi-Functional Steering Wheel, Bluetooth, 'Bolero' touchscreen infotainment system with SD/CD/DAB Radio/MP3, 8 Loudspeakers, Child locks & Isofix system, Immobiliser, Alarm, Traction control, Power steering, Folding rear seats, Front fog lights, LED Rear lights, vRS upholstery with red stiching, Sport suspension, vRS Bumpers, spoiler & upholstery, Front armrest with storage, Textile floor mats, Performance mode selection, Lane assistant, Tyre pressure monitor (TPM), Dual-zone climate control, Air conditioning, Acoustic rear parking sensors, Stop/Start engine system, Energy Recovery, Hill hold, ESC. 5 seats, £27,390

You get over this quickly.. I thought I'd not get used to it - but you do..  On the plus side - the handbrake doesn't get in the way of your coffee :)

• Like 2

I'm guessing it's this one ? http://www.henrys-cars.com/COGM/UsedCars/Details.vbhtml?Stock_ID=117964407215985490

Decent spec if I'm honest, plus it cuts out the waiting time on a factory order. There was a few hatches in stock I know Henry's got a few of them. I have my TSI vrs estate ordered with them they are a probably the better dealership in the area

Handbrake position is odd at first but very easy to get used to. The only niggles I have with my VRS are the cheap quality materials used in some places. Door bins and lower dash are hard plastic, and the boot floor is 6mm MDF covered by a very poor excuse for carpet. The flooring is useless for carrying heavy loads, which seems at odds with having such a large practical boot. I will replace my floor with 18mm ply and cover it with the Official Skoda rubber boot mat. Other than this Octy quality is pretty good.

Edited by Orville

Apparently, it has two infotainment systems - impressive :-)

•Columbus Satellite Navigation System with multitouch colour 8 screen with DAB/Dual SD/CD/USB/AUX/Bluetooth and 64GB Internal memory

•Bolero touchscreen infotainment system with SD/CD/DAB Radio/MP3

Edited by freddyg
  • Like 1

And we've had the 'expensive' argument many many times.  You say yourself it's very well specced - and if you compare it to A4 / 3 series / C class you won't get anything anywhere near as well specced (comparing list for list, that is).

With respect, Audi / BMW / Mercedes are all massively overpriced.  Massively.

Two minutes on the BMW configurator gets me a 187bhp 2.0 diesel in bog standard black paint with 18" wheels for just under £30k.

No heated windscreen or any of the other toys that my vRS has.

Plus, be honest, would YOU drive a BMW given the stigma attached to being a driver?

• Like 1

I've just ordered a VRS Estate TSI DSG with Auto-park/ Heated electric leather seats, ACC, intelligent light, Bolero, DAB, Keyless, black roofrack, canton, towbar, SUNSET, electric tailgate, variable floor and heated front screen, pan roof and the signal boost-bluetooth thing. I got 18% off from the dealer on a new order. Not sure about cars sat waiting to go, they might not be prepared to discount. I have a 5 month wait for mine... :devil:

Two minutes on the BMW configurator gets me a 187bhp 2.0 diesel in bog standard black paint with 18" wheels for just under £30k.

Plus, be honest, would YOU drive a BMW given the stigma attached to being a driver?

I don't care what badge or 'stigma' any car may or may not have.

I used to drive a 5 series (2012 520d M Sport) with loads of options. Head up display, widescreen nav, 8 speed auto etc etc. Loved being able to send destinations to the sat nav via google maps on my laptop or phone to the car, ready for navigation when required. And calling via the car's own mobile connection a concierge service that could book anything or send destinations direct to the car straight away. The car would even send its service requirements to the dealer via the car's internet connection so they could call you to arrange a booking. 5yrs / 50k miles servicing for £300 was great too.

What I was going to say was, that even if the 320d you mention was more expensive, the actual cost to own it is the difference between purchase and sale cost. That's more important to me than the sticker price of the car.

• Like 1

With respect to who?  You seem to be making the same point I did.

And until 2 weeks ago, I was a BMW driver.  All* the idiots migrated to Audis a while ago.

I've just ordered a VRS Estate TSI DSG with Auto-park/ Heated electric leather seats, ACC, intelligent light, Bolero, DAB, Keyless, black roofrack, canton, towbar, SUNSET, electric tailgate, variable floor and heated front screen, pan roof and the signal boost-bluetooth thing. I got 18% off from the dealer on a new order. Not sure about cars sat waiting to go, they might not be prepared to discount. I have a 5 month wait for mine... :devil:

They told me 5 months when I ordered mine... It took 9months! Good luck.

• Like 1

Mine has taken 3 months exactly from ordering middle of June to now due to take delivery in about ten days... Too many variables in the dates I think!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So. I actually got to the dealer today.

Ordered at 3.30pm. Delivered at 6.30pm  :clap:  Is that a record?

Some pics to follow. And some first impressions.

• Like 2

Handbrake position is odd at first but very easy to get used to. The only niggles I have with my VRS are the cheap quality materials used in some places. Door bins and lower dash are hard plastic, and the boot floor is 6mm MDF covered by a very poor excuse for carpet. The flooring is useless for carrying heavy loads, which seems at odds with having such a large practical boot. I will replace my floor with 18mm ply and cover it with the Official Skoda rubber boot mat. Other than this Octy quality is pretty good.

18mm ply... what are you going to put in the boot... another car?

6mm will be more than enough unless you regularly stack the boot with enough building material to put up a small extension!  :no:

• Like 1