Hellshine The Abyss wax

Dinski

I keep all my car cleaning products inside. Had it on the kitchen side ready to go and it was softish in the pot (not soft like my sample pot was in the summer which almost became liquid in the house but no way near as hard to the touch as a wax) but i was expecting it to go on a little easier. im guessing the spray version would go on like auto finesse tough coat but this paste version went on more like a hard wax would, it probably took me a good 15 minutes to cover the car. maybe its just because the paint was so cold?  i was getting around 3 degress C on the paintwork with my IR gun so it wasnt warm!

I also found that after wiping down the car with IPA before starting it was squeeky clean creating friction where as im normally used to waxing on top of the lime prime finish which is a little oily and the dodo glides on easier then

As Ive already said..Good work

On the application side:

Ive found that having both versions can be beneficial....

....I spray a small anount on the applicator pad from the spray version, then dip into the pot..paste version

This makes it a little easier to buff off afterwards and spreads a long way too

Remember...'little is more'

i need to plan ahead a little and do my waxing before the weather gets so bad i think. I will be trying it again on the wifes mx5 but that needs full on correction which i just dont have time for at the moment.

So far though im very pleased with it though. hopefully a single coat will hold up ok on the VRS for now. I have some BSD to top up with if it needs it

Must be down to weather or you leaving the wax in a cold area. This is a wax I leave indoors and it's an almost jelly like substance when it's kept at room temp.

Should go on as easy as the spray version, has done when I've used it.

Cheers for the heads up -guess that's why I had problems too using the pot after being stored in the garage.

Cheers for the heads up -guess that's why I had problems too using the pot after being stored in the garage.

I think so. Mine is kept at room temp and I promise you its a jelly like substance when it comes to applying on my car this tie of year.

I will gladly post a pic for all to see tomorrow.

It goes on so easy, and instead I'll pr fee it to the spray, albeit spray is still slightly easier.

• Like 1

Mine was nice and warm but the car was Baltic so guessing that was the issue with mine

Yeah guess so

• 3 weeks later...

So, its a beautiful sunny day outside. I was going to give my new abyss spray a first go today...however...its only just above freezing. Will I have problems with it curing? Shall I leave it for another day?

I did mine a few weeks ago. It wasn't as cold as today but it did take what seemed like forever to cure. Even using the spray I still managed to put it on too thick in places so you'll need to put it on really thinly. If it doesn't cure in places that will probably be why. I subsequently gave it a spritz with their QD which got rid of the remaining hellshine that wouldn't cure.

Don't forget...... pictures or it didn't happen!

Good luck.

So, its a beautiful sunny day outside. I was going to give my new abyss spray a first go today...however...its only just above freezing. Will I have problems with it curing? Shall I leave it for another day?

You will have a narrow window for the product application around peak temperatures - may be best waiting for another day.

Based on conditions here at my location.... 1degC temps and 88% humidity; very tricky indeed buddy.

Maybe you have it better where you are - but most definitely at the extremities of any products application range.

Good luck - let us know how you get on!  :thumbup:

Well I gave it a go.

Think I may have put too much on to start with! I presume when it cures it should go hazy? It did this on parts but not all over - I left it over 20mins.

I buffed off and the car does look lovely and shiny - seems to produce quite a wet look.

First time I've really used this type of product. Only used optiseal and sonax bsd, both more to protect rather than produce a lovely shiny finish.

No pictures I'm afraid! Not much light left when I finish. See how it looks in the morning!

Nice one

I told you 20 mins would be fine....said he smugly!! LOL

My biggest problem this time of year is not temperature, but humiidlty

The good thing about Abyss and a lot of other sealants of this type,is that they not affected much by moisture when applying

Just the buffing off can be a PITA

Looking forward to the pictures

Nice one

I told you 20 mins would be fine....said he smugly!! LOL

My biggest problem this time of year is not temperature, but humiidlty

The good thing about Abyss and a lot of other sealants of this type,is that they not affected much by moisture when applying

Just the buffing off can be a PITA

Looking forward to the pictures

The buffing off certainly was a PITA!

• Like 2

The buffing off certainly was a PITA!

While I totally agree about cure time on hellshine abyss I've used it like a QD on the bonnet before spray on and wipe off and still found it protected really well, nothing like a good cured 10 mins in fine weather , but still better than a top up of an actual qd.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Got a chance to wash the car today, not been done for weeks!

Snowfoamed then washed with hellshine bane blade, dried and done!

Abyss certainly seems to protect and add a fantastic gloss finish. Didn't even bother to top up with BSD it still looked so good.

See what the beading is like in the morning!

post-42144-0-60139000-1422219199_thumb.jpg

Well I gave it a go.

Think I may have put too much on to start with! I presume when it cures it should go hazy? It did this on parts but not all over - I left it over 20mins.

I buffed off and the car does look lovely and shiny - seems to produce quite a wet look.

First time I've really used this type of product. Only used optiseal and sonax bsd, both more to protect rather than produce a lovely shiny finish.

No pictures I'm afraid! Not much light left when I finish. See how it looks in the morning!

There is a saying in this section of the forum...pictures or it never happened...you know it makes sense....