Steering wheel controls not working

LTReed

Did you have anything like this when you installed it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251915724977

On the rear of the Columbus there's a Blue Fakra plug which is the gps connection. Unless you connected a gps antenna, it won't know where you are at all.

Edited by Rustynuts

Did you have anything like this when you installed it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251915724977

On the rear of the Columbus there's a Blue Fakra plug which is the gps connection. Unless you connected a gps antenna, it won't know where you are at all.

Yes, it's exactly like that ... of course i connect the antenna but still no signal

Then either the antenna is faulty or the Columbus is faulty. Or you've hidden the antenna where it can't see the sky, maybe? Pull the antenna out and stick it on the roof of the car temporarily to see if it helps.

Then either the antenna is faulty or the Columbus is faulty. Or you've hidden the antenna where it can't see the sky, maybe? Pull the antenna out and stick it on the roof of the car temporarily to see if it helps.

The antenna is on the top left corner of the wind screen, it is not hidden. I will try that see if it helps. If not i will buy another antenna.

If i have 5238 firmware and steering commands doesn't work, will it help if i install the fix (4020-sk-fix) ? Thanx

How can I find this firmware?And how can I install

Are you sure you have the antenna the right way up if it's stuck to your windscreen?

It's quite easily mistaken to put them upside down.

They're designed to stick to a dashboard so the sticky pad is on the bottom, and the other side faces the sky.

Obviously if putting it on a windscreen you can't use the normal sticky pad as it would be upside down and not facing the sky.

Are you sure you have the antenna the right way up if it's stuck to your windscreen?

It's quite easily mistaken to put them upside down.

They're designed to stick to a dashboard so the sticky pad is on the bottom, and the other side faces the sky.

Obviously if putting it on a windscreen you can't use the normal sticky pad as it would be upside down and not facing the sky.

I've try everything man, i even put it on the roof ...

PS: If i enter in GPS menu, it show this -> GPs antenna status : Disconnected 

• 2 years later...