Steering wheel controls not working

LTReed

Hi all, hoping some genius can enlighten me,

I have an '08 octavia l&k, recently updated the software on my columbus system and since then the steering wheel controls dont work.

Whats the most likely cause? Is it an option in the vcds that has come unticked? Or maybe the wrong version of software? Or some sort of gremlin which is chewing cables?

Anywho cheers in advance

Thanks guys. I Cant remember which version exactly I started on 1xxx something. Gone to 4024. Is swapping the files over simply changing them on the computer before burning the disc? I can check the version sticker on the radio tomorrow if it helps

There is a firmware disc which takes 5 mins to do this swap after the main firmware has updated. Pm me your email and I will send you the iso file.

I had the same issue

Adam

Have you gone via 3xxx? If not the hard disc won't be re-partitioned into 3 sections. The older firmware made two partitions, one for music, the other for maps. The later firmware makes 3 partitions, the extra one being for points of interest on the maps.

Mike

Hi Mike

It isn't actually necessary to go via 3xxx. 4xxx creates the partitions too.

Adam

Have you gone via 3xxx? If not the hard disc won't be re-partitioned into 3 sections. The older firmware made two partitions, one for music, the other for maps. The later firmware makes 3 partitions, the extra one being for points of interest on the maps.

Mike

Didn't go via 3xxx but the maps all seem to be working with POI's fine.

There is a firmware disc which takes 5 mins to do this swap after the main firmware has updated. Pm me your email and I will send you the iso file.

I had the same issue

Adam

That's great to hear. Cheers will do once I can get to a computer, cant work out how to pm from my phone... as you may tell technology doesnt exactly work easy for me haha

Your problem is likely to be too few posts. You can download from here:

http://www.my-gti.com/3374/volkswagen-rns-510-firmware-upgrade-and-information

It is in the fixes section about half way down under Skoda Columbus (RNS510) Fix. File is called 4020-sk-fix or similar.

Adam

Thanks Adam,  looks like I can PM from the computer but you've saved me the job of finding out.  Will burn that disc and stick it in tomorrow.

By the way, just read your signature and thoroughly approve of the car choice haha.  Any issues getting v11 maps to run on 4024? I could only get v10 to work

Indeed ha ha. Yes I did although its not so much the version but any map update I have trouble with. See

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/325377-updating-columbus-maps-from-sd-card/#entry3920585

Which reminds me I need to check the language thing as per the last post!

• 1 year later...

Hello guys, i just bought a RNS510 on my 54 plate Skoda and seems like i need to upgrade the firmware or get the fix ... problem is i don't know which version i have installed, all i know it has v13 maps installed.

My problems are

-stering wheel control doesn't work

- no "warnings" (doors, sensors, temperature) in the display ..

Any help will be appreciated, i'm new to this.

Hello guys, i just bought a RNS510 on my 54 plate Skoda and seems like i need to upgrade the firmware or get the fix ... problem is i don't know which version i have installed, all i know it has v13 maps installed.

My problems are

-stering wheel control doesn't work

- no "warnings" (doors, sensors, temperature) in the display ..

Any help will be appreciated, i'm new to this.

Edit:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Cryss

You need to connect VCDS and code the unit to the car correctly. There's no definitive answer to the question, as your cars configuration is not going to be the same as anyone elses. Have you just installed the Columbus? Did you do any coding changes at all?

You need to connect VCDS and code the unit to the car correctly. There's no definitive answer to the question, as your cars configuration is not going to be the same as anyone elses. Have you just installed the Columbus? Did you do any coding changes at all?

Yes, i just install it, without any changes at all. Just plug and play.

It's not plug and play (despite what many people will have you think). You need someone with VCDS (diagnostic software) to enable the correct functions for your car to make it all work correctly.

Thank you for info man. I have a friend who knows that stuff. Will do today and come back with results. Cheers

Edited by Cryss

I have same problem.I'm following the topic.Thanks for answers.

And seems like the GPS does not locate sattelites as well ... i've been to Halfords, they say i should go to my Dealer to update the maps ...

About other problems i will come with answer after i come back from my friend that has a VCDS ...

Whereabouts are you? If you're close to me then stop in and I'll have a check over it for you.

Barnsley ... you ?

I just plug the antenna, that's the only think i did ... but cannot locate my possition

Much further north than that mate. Up near Richmond.

I see ... how far is it? PM YOU, reply with postcode maybe i will take a trip today)  :p

So why do you think it's not locate the position ? 

Edited by Cryss