VRS TDI Estate lead times

lozza

That sounds interesting. Never seen it as a Skoda accessory. I know some German companies produce some solution (usually clamping the fork).

What exactly are you getting?

Yes its a skoda accessory, in the accessories brochure.

It is a framework that connects in the boot to fixing points, allows you to put three biked rear wheel first in to the car and clamps the front forks holding them upright.

We have triathlon bikes, that must go in the car due to there price and fragility... this is a perfect option. 

Simpsons will have pre-ordered these and had them already quite a few weeks in to the build cycle before they advertised them as a special edition.

Your right, this is the only way that they can achieve these sort of delivery times.

This is really strange.

Ordered my cars, man, estate with

Canton, Columbus, black pack, leather, and other stuff I've forgotten now !

Ordered 16th April and it's now at the dealers ready for end of month pick up.

Steve

Sorry to potentially rub it in but confirmed a Saturday pick-up for my vRS estate!

Think I worked it out as a 12-13 week process from ordering to delivery. When I originally ordered I was told to expect a January delivery latest. 

Paul

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Not sure if the Sokda dealers know what is going on. Ordered my VRS TDI in May for delivery Sep.  Then changed to Oct.  Then changed to Dec.  I get a call early Nov saying that my car is on a ship called the Fidelio which docks in Melbourne on 11th Dec.  So I have been tracking the car on marinetraffic.com and currently it is in the Pacific Ocean and still due on 11th Dec.  Yesterday I get an email from the dealer saying that my car is now in the country and needs to be cleared from customs before I get it.  I am not sure how my car got off the Fidelio and to Melbourne ahead of the ship.  Maybe it go picked up by a helicopter. 

Edited by AusieOccy

Ordered a nearly full-spec RS TDI end of October 2014, got an official delivery date of "end of Feb at the latest". Latest info says it'll be there early January..

I really hope they'll bring it by chopper, preferably right in front of my door. With license plates etc.

Ordered mine 3rd week in November (although an estate vRS TSI DSG not TDI) and was given a 3 month delivery time. I'm actually hoping it does take the full 3 months as I really don't want to take delivery of a new 64 Plate car in February when just a couple of weeks later it would be a new 15 plate!!

To be fair to the dealer, he did say they wouldn't force me to take the car if it arrived mid Feb.... 

I was in the same situation this year, arrived begining feb,i refused to take it before march,and as i dont leave deposits for stuff id have walked away as I had stated not before march 1st,so they didnt chance their arm with me