1.6 crdi remap...

Apologies if this has been covered before....

What is avaliable for the 1.6cfdi engine? I know last time I looked into this (2 years ago) the only thing you could get was a tuning box, just wondering what people recommend??

Any thoughts/input welcome.

Steve

Shark Performance, Approx 135 bhp

Darkside Developments, DPF delete and it's made 144bhp, pulls really well and fault less! :)

More to the point, is it worth removing the DPF on a 1.6 CR diesel (which renders the car non-road legal IIRC) in order to gain 9bhp or so and a little bit more torque.

This was the call I had to make on my 2.0 CR Yeti.

Stage 1 was 200-210bhp and with a DPF delete it was 220bhp or so.

Can't see the point.

Mine was the Shark mule for developing the 1.6 CR TDi mapping, I believe the Yeti is merely going in to see if it can be done via OBD instead of removing the ECU

I think it will open a lot more people up to the idea of tuning who were put off by the idea of ECU removal. I'll take some pics on the day and post an update with RR results but I'm guessing they will be very similar figures to Brimma's Fabia.

Mine was the Shark mule for developing the 1.6 CR TDi mapping, I believe the Yeti is merely going in to see if it can be done via OBD instead of removing the ECU

It's a totally different ECU, so not quite the case unfortunately.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

any reports on how this went?

I'm toying with the idea of remapping my 1.6 (105) TDi Fabia Monty. Wondered how others were getting on?

Fuel consumption? Power? Smoothness? Torque? General day-to-day? Wear and tear on parts? Warranty? Insurance?

Any comments from those who have had it done are welcome! :)

Phil.

Power - up to 135

Economy - depends how you intend to use the power, driven normally it's as good if not better

Smooth - very

Insurance - I did numerous other mods so difficult to say, I'd suggest checking with your insurer to see if they cover modified cars

Warranty - no claims have to be made yet, but general feeling is that if the item failing is not related to the map it shouldn't be a problem

Wear and tear - no issues so far

Hello,

any reports on how this went?

I'm toying with the idea of remapping my 1.6 (105) TDi Fabia Monty. Wondered how others were getting on?

Fuel consumption? Power? Smoothness? Torque? General day-to-day? Wear and tear on parts? Warranty? Insurance?

Any comments from those who have had it done are welcome! :)

Phil.

Fuel cocumption: slightly better when driven normaly.

Power: just short of 150bhp

Torque:306nm

Smoothnes: totally transformed the drivability

Warranty: no issues so can't say.

Insurance: slight increase per month but worth every penny.

Consider an intercooler upgrade at the same time as the increased results for the Yeti are down to its slightly bigger one.

Soon as I renew my insurance mine will be getting remapped and dpf removed .I use my car everyday I do a 50mile round trip to work hopefully t makes it more motorway friendly

Why remove the DPF doing 50 mile round trips?

In other words, don't go expecting 150bhp from a Fabia 1.6 CR UNLESS there is an intercooler upgrade available

If you do go with Shark they would be able to do the intercooler.