My Flying Banana vRS

Baffles1982

Well Ive had my Octavia for a week now and loving it more and more with every drive. One or two very minor and niggly little issues which I've already asked about elsewhere so once Ive got those sorted it will be on to modding it.  Been in the modified scene for years, and tried to get out of it at the beginning of the year with a Jag (Big mistake) soa fter a few others cars Ive settled on my yellow vRS and plan on keeping it for some time, its the perfect blend of performance and practicality.  Picked it up with just two previous owners and full service history (been servicved every 10k)

Anyway pics of my flying banana (as my daughter has called it lol)

Exterior

DSC_0009noreg_zps0cbf3bd9.jpg

DSC_0010_zpsd806a99d.jpg

DSC_0011noreg_zps15eb4638.jpg

DSC_0012noreg_zps0485ff71.jpg

DSC_0014noreg_zpsd09a0695.jpg

DSC_0015_zpsbb9e2a8e.jpg

DSC_0016noreg_zps5c7c3e39.jpg

DSC_0017noreg_zpsb9e6b28c.jpg

• Like 2

Interior

DSC_0018_zps7ae5eecc.jpg

DSC_0019_zpsbd47970d.jpg

DSC_0020_zpsbc62250c.jpg

DSC_0021_zps92c8476c.jpg

Unfortunately the engine bay seems to have been a bit neglected in terms of being kept clean and looked like this

DSC_0022_zpsf8f80ef1.jpg

Not really too bad, but not up to my ocd levels of clean lol. Anyway made a start on tidying it up, still got a way to go though but an improvement none the less

DSC_0023_zps88cdcfd9.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well not much of an update really but car is in the garage today, getting rid of the running issues I've been having.  Once it's back it will of had the following new parts since I've had it:

Air filter, pollen filter, oil, oil filter, pickup pipe, coolant flush, coolant temp sensor, thermostat, maf, coil packs and TB cleaned up. oh and a few of the original rubber hoses replaced.

I've managed to get hold of a spare centre trim panel (the bit round the stereo) and have brought a three gauge holder to go where the cubby current is.  Going to start blending that into the spare surround then once done will be being painted along with ashtray and gearstick surround in the colour of the car. Next is to start getting the bits to do SAI delete, evap canister delete and vac line simplification.

Well first mod done and dusted today, nothing fancy. Starting of with the cheap/cheerful/easy to do mods first then will move onto the bigger/better/need more power mods.

Will get a pic later and post up once I'm home from work.

Oh, and the work carried out the other day has cured all my running issues, its totally transformed the car. The fuel filter and pick up pipe were both bocked, and I didnt need the MAF/coil packs so well happy at that.

Edited by Baffles1982

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Right finally found some time to update this, been a few changes of late.

First it was a couple of stickers

DSC_0084_zpscxzmtlpl.jpg

DSC_0085_zpseckanavo.jpg

Then I got rid of the chrome, for some satin black....

DSC_0097_zpse9clb6rz.jpg

DSC_0098_zpsdaiojd4c.jpg

DSC_0099_zps34eghiho.jpg

Then decided it was time to get rid of the rub strips, and give it a good wash/polish/wax

DSC_0158_zpsnkkzjtid.jpg

DSC_0165_zps6onhhbwb.jpg

Next on the list was to do something to the standard wheels, a colour change but I didn't want black, decided to go for something that would stand out and make a statement which I think I achieved with this...

DSC_0213_zpstori64ta.jpg

DSC_0214_zps5kpoa68u.jpg

DSC_0225_zpsgaa1l0hr.jpg

Got a few professional pics taken after this

FB_IMG_1424255551999_zpscymjqtam.jpg

FB_IMG_1424255566679_zpsv74zbo0w.jpg

Oh and as you can see in these pics Ive also fitted a LCR splitter but dont seem to have any pics of that being done.

Next up was to get my gauges fitted

DSC_0373_zpskfzd40mj.jpg

Developed a headlight issue which after trying a few different parts was traced back to the indicator stalk so this happened to get it sorted....

DSC_0398_zps5fos0857.jpg

DSC_0399_zpsfk0g0tpg.jpg

Latest change is...

DSC_0461_zpscz4z5gh9.jpg

Tinted my front lights

DSC_0462_zpsjvfhb9ty.jpg

And back together

2015-04-20_16.30.05_zpsy9rcjtu6.jpg

A quick night time pic

DSC_0480_zpslhnifvfp.jpg

Found out the other day that I've a snapped rear spring, so have now ordered a set of coilovers. Will be getting them fitted along with new FARB bushes and new front pads next week hopefully.

• Like 2

Liking the car, think you followed me the other day down a6 going into irthlingborough I was in the red mk2 fabia vrs. Are you local to the area?

• 2 weeks later...