Better bulbs for Mk3 headlights.

Yeah let us know Gav, I'm gonna guess 5500K is gonna be a bit blue might be wrong but I'd rather not get it wrong, something like that is just an instant Cop Puller around here in the South East

I did have a look in Halfords as they have a fitting service and a mate lent me his trade card, what a Fn waste of time, no H15's to match on colour, they don't use anybody else's terminology only their own, weren't sure they'd be able to fit the fogs if it was "difficult" Grrrrrrr. there half an hour of my life I'm never getting back !!!!

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So taken a couple weeks due to the first order not arriving but today I received a pair of H15's as described in my above link.

Only they were the 7500k variant, being impatient I've gone ahead and fitted them........

Don't look too bad, not sure how capable there be as high beams alongside the nightbreakers.

Issue now is tho when you switch to sidelights the power to them is reduced and they look like candles. Any fixes?

post-121031-0-02037500-1413569942_thumb.jpg

post-121031-0-28121900-1413569971_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Gav, three weeks in and some darker nights - how are those H15s doing? I'm quite unimpressed by the standard lights on my SE.

Well having done a few night shifts now coming back in the dark I can confirm the H15s are better as DRLs than high beams! The nightbreakers are far brighter, however theres a good chance because there the 7500k variant and not the 5000k alot of the usable light gets lost.

• Like 1

I have the bulbs below in mine and they are vastly better!! The H15 are still slightly yellow but much better than the originals.

Ultra H15 (9010) 12v 15/55w 5000K Xenon Power Bulbs from Amazon

MTEC 12v 55w SUPER WHITE 4300K HID CLASS UPGRADE BULBS from HIDS Direct

Gav, the nightbreakers I've seen have been 3600K with a Cmark, did your 7500K have a Cmark and I think the reason your not that happy with them is because they didn't have the Cmark hence, the reduced power side lights are **** and 7500K is just way too far up the colour specturm to be visible to a greater extent. 

I've spent a long time looking around the web and finally found on the Led Perm website with MTEC super white - prue white which come in H7's, H8's and H15's all with Cmark at 4200K they are slightly higher than Ideal but, 80ish euro's plus postage I think I've made my mind up.  Should I manage to get my paypal account working again I'll let you know how I get on with them.

Regards

T

999Rigger, you don't like the MTEC's ?

• Like 1

MTEC super white-pure white H7, H8 and H15's all finally arrived today, dipped H7 and main H17 beams fitted, we will see tonight what they're like, CBA to fit the fogs as they're a bit more work and I'm not willing to do that much if I don't like them. I can confirm they're error free though !

Regards

T

• Like 1

One word BRIGHT

Glad I fitted the main beams to flash back on-coming traffic and now I don't have wait as long as Michael Caine to see the whites of Zulus white eyes

Regards

T

so the H15 is an improvment? or is it jsut the H7 thats brighter? also pics!

H15 is very good on main beam but the low voltage sidelights looks a bit dim although, still the same colour so not at all bad.

I would imagine its a fair improvement on the custard yetllow standard ones!

Got the fogs fitted earlier today, not as much of a ball ache as I was expecting from the manual, I'll get pics up when its proper dark.

Certainly no yellow now and much brighter, I don't think they're considerably longer in range but a bit longer, still not sure how legal they are though, I followed a copper doing 48 in the outside lane of NSL dual carriageway at 5am and didn't get a tug and if I had of, I'd have told him to clean his rear number plate, minging wasn't the word for it. 

So I'm pretty happy with them for the £80 odd quid I spent, had I been able to get Nightbreaker Unlimited in all three bulbs I'd have had them but, I couldn't so we are where we are and we're happy.

Regards

T

• Like 1