1 litre Fabia - anyone seen one?

Tailhappy

I seem to remember at the launch of the Fabia that there was a 1 Litre version, however I have never seen one or heard further mention of it. There is a 1.2 I know, but a 1.0?

I have even seen it in application books - the ones telling you what spark plug/brake disk to buy to fit your car.

Can anyone confirm it was released in the UK?

Ian

It must have been tediously slow. According to WhatCar the 1.0 Polo (50bhp, 63ft/lb and 980kg) did 0-60 is 18.4s and maxed out at 94mph.

The Fabia 1.2 Classic is 1150kg, so the 1.0 version must have been even slower than the Polo.

My first car was a 1.0 Vauxhall Nova (45bhp and 800kg) and that was slow. I can't imagine the tediousness of a 1.0 Fabia!!!

mmm the 1.0 ltr engine in the Seat Arosa was made by Skoda in Mlada Boslav. I'm not sure but if that engine was a small capacity version of the Skoda 1.4MPI motor then. It would be OHV. I had always assumed that this was a Czech made version of the small block OHC Polo engine from the series 1/2 and 3 Polo though.

mmm the 1.0 ltr engine in the Seat Arosa was made by Skoda in Mlada Boslav. I'm not sure but if that engine was a small capacity version of the Skoda 1.4MPI motor then. It would be OHV. I had always assumed that this was a Czech made version of the small block OHC Polo engine from the series 1/2 and 3 Polo though.

The 1.0 in the Arosa is a OHC engine same as the MK4 Polo.

If you go to the Skoda Auto Museum in Mlada Boslav they have a display incorperating a picture of a series 1 Arosa which explains that Skoda manufactured the 1.0 Ltr engine for this vehicle. You will note from my original post that I made no claim that this was the OHV engine.