Oil warning light

Hi all when I Rev the car or drive it the oil warning light comes on I've checked the oil that's fine changed the oil pressure switch still does it I'm guessing it's oil pressure its self oil pump just wondering if you guys had any ideas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red mate

Eeek. Pressure problem then. It could a blocked pick up in the sump. Unless you want a new turbo, be very careful with it.

The pick up and sealant for the sump are cheap, so worth doing regardless of anything else.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

So that could be why the turbo went in the first place [emoji17]

Yep, pick up blocks up and reduces the oil flow and the turbo is at the top of the system. Did you get the oil feed pipes replaced with the turbo?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

So that could be why the turbo went in the first place [emoji17]

Defo mate

Seems the route problem was not fixed. Who changed the turbo. As a good mechanic would also check pick up pipe and oil return pipes. The red light means low pressure. So if you are only ticking over the light may not come on. But the minute you rev it or put under load the pressure will register low if a problem. This could be oil pump but generally the pump is effected by oil circulation. So first thing is remove pick up and flush it or replace it. Then replace or flush through all oil hoses. If these are blocked they can restrict oil flow and trigger pressure problem. This in turn will cause turbo to run hotter as less oil cooling it and very quickly blown turbo. Do not drive it far or avoid driving if possible.

• Like 1

Don't get it...had the pickup replaced as a matter of course at 80k, only 25% gunked up so how come you guys have issues? No service history?

number of factors buddy

poor grade oil / not correct spec for car 

infrequent changes / lack of services

short start /stops journeys

Right guys I'm stumped changed feed pipes changed the pickup pipe the oil pump looks new and the thing is still beeping at me I've ordered a oil pressure test kit cos I'm buggered if I'm paying £50 to a garage for them to do it when I can buy a kit for half that but any ideas would be most helpful