Citigo has a cold

Hyphons

I've had a similar thing before which stopped the next day, but basically my citigo has a cold, it's making a awful racket in the engine bay by the belts, I knew I had a problem when I started her up, I gave her a quick rev and sure enough she was unresponsive and a bit spluterry up until about 1,000+ rpm, anyone else had a similar thing? I also gave it a rev up to 5000 - 6000 rpm in first gear on the move and she was whiny after I took my foot of the throttle, but afterwoods was fine, any help appreciated

Thank the lords for I have a dashcam! You might need to blow the speakers up to hear it, be easier to hear with headphones on, but basically that first rev (be it quick) it really didn't like it, that second rev was much clearer and responsive

http://vid103.photobucket.com/albums/m156/Hyphons/MyMovie_zps90907440.mp4

Spluttery on start up was a head gasket gone on my Fiat.  As soon as it warmed up a bit it was fine, but water was getting in to one cylinder overnight and it was terrible first thing.

Thanks for this, I'm going to the garage Friday anyway, so I'll let them have a listen

Sitrep: car is still grumbling, I also have no fuel to get home today, oil is good and I had a pretty young lady in a white Up! Gimme a cheeky smile today, clearly impressed :p

Ours had a strange engine noise which turned out to be the airbox had come adrift from the throttle body. Pull the bonnet and check the large black air box (with MPI or similar on it) see if it is seated correctly ? Just push it down firmly to reseat if necessary.

Ours had a strange engine noise which turned out to be the airbox had come adrift from the throttle body. Pull the bonnet and check the large black air box (with MPI or similar on it) see if it is seated correctly ? Just push it down firmly to reseat if necessary.

I did give that a quick shove, perhaps sitting on it will work

• 2 years later...

3 year later strep - was cambelt related, still had this problem and learned to live with it up until Thursday when the cambelt & waterpump was replaced, no longer revs unsmooth on cold start ups 

Edited by Hyphons