expensive

hi guys just poped in to skoda wolverhamton to look at the rapid spaceback and ask about the new fabia estate

was a bit shocked about the prices of the new skodas now are they getting expensive or is it just me thanks pete

hi guys just poped in to skoda wolverhamton to look at the rapid spaceback and ask about the new fabia estate

was a bit shocked about the prices of the new skodas now are they getting expensive or is it just me thanks pete

Same was said at the price release of the Octavia vRS MK3.

Probably bottom line greed, r&d recovery and may be a bit of currency Euro v £ adjustment.

Probably recovering some of the exceptional warranty expenditure on the mk2 vRS.

Edited by vrskeith

You get what you pay for the price of the new fabia is a about right and skodas are very good car

I've got a mk 3 octy and new the car was £ 29.780 and it a lot of money but it's a lot of car

retail prices on some variants are expensive, but it depends on what deals skoda do to get sales started

in particular the prices are high on diesel variants (£2k preium), the 1.2 TSi variants do not look to bad, but the premium for DSG(about £1k) looks a lot as well

I have just over a year left on my 42 month pcp so I have enough time to wait for the deal I want

Edited by bluecar1
  • Like 1

For the standard spec of the new Fabia the prices don't seem too bad but who pay's full price anyway.

There probably won't be much manoeuvre on pricing when first launched but give it a few months and the offers will filter through, best to wait anyway when the initial rush/novelty value wears off and the dealers have to hit their numbers.

• Like 1

This sounds very familiar from the launch of the Mk3 Octavia. Yes, they are quite pricey but then when you take into account offers and the competition it's not as bad as you first think.

I remember a Fabia TDI elegance being £13k list, but then it was 11 years ago.

And no decent engines ie Cylinder de-activation versions or VRS twincharge.

Rapid is so much better value for something that is technological very similar. 

Skoda UK cannot even create an accurate website.  Still have the £2K  off the Rapid on the webpage with only £1500 when you go behind it. 

For the next few months better off buying a SEAT until the current VAG technology filters through to Skoda sadly.

rapid.jpg

The prices do look steep but comparing to a Polo of comparable spec, they do look quite reasonable. But you cant buy a Polo SE with a 90 PS TDi for love nor money....not in this country anyway.

But I am seriously considering going back to petrol after 20+ years....just hope I like it as I will be keeping for at least 4 years.

Edited by threadbear

Having had diesels as the main car for a while now, I naturally looked at a Spaceback TDI to replace the uncomfortable Octy III. However I also put a 1.2TSI to the test and much preferred it to the oil burner, particularly for ride and handling. OK the economy is not quite as good but I'm happy to live with that and an average of 48/49 mpg on the commute is not bad anyway.

TP

• Like 1

just as a comparison, the garage that i bought my 12 month old VRS from currently has a mk2 fabia VRS with delivery miles and most options fittedin greenm its on their forcourt for £20k.......................

I paid £10,995 for my car from them.

So what i am saying is yes the prices may be high, but 12 month old ones will drop the same as the current one does. all you do is buy nearly new and suck up the savings.  I know i will be doing this in 18 months time once my deal is up, although i may well be sourcing a last of the line Mk2 VRS ( whoch will be 12 months old then) if the deals are good as i love my VRS so much. 

Looks on average roughly £800 cheaper than the equivalent Polo, is it worth buying a perceived "lesser" badge to save this amount?

It may only £800 cheaper at list price but there'll be bigger scope for discounts with Skoda than VW making the actual price you pay much less.

Looks on average roughly £800 cheaper than the equivalent Polo, is it worth buying a perceived "lesser" badge to save this amount?

Everything else being equal, no, buy the Polo.

If on the other hand it's list price with finance at 7.3% compared to 0% for a Skoda then you need to think more carefully.

Everything else being equal, no, buy the Polo.

If on the other hand it's list price with finance at 7.3% compared to 0% for a Skoda then you need to think more carefully.

Ok different cars I appreciate but a year ago, I test drove a Golf and a Yeti with same specifications, i.e. engines and kit (an Octavia was similar money/spec as the Yeti) and when you take into account the finance deals (0% vs 7%), there was a £7000 difference in the final price-that was with a £1k discount from both dealers. If you bought straight cash, the difference was about £4500. Whilst a great car, the Vw is definitely not worth that much more.

Edited by fastestlouigie
  • Like 2

The new Autocar review of the 1.4 TD SE is very encouraging. I do think its rather expensive at £15k. Will look to see whether they are building a margin to discount from. But the chassis sounded very impressive.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/skoda/fabia/first-drives/2014-skoda-fabia-14-tdi-se-first-drive-review

is this just bad editing or writing from Auto Express,  

like is it mm or cm they mean, and words are missing in the article.

really '2 mm more elbow room in the rear'. ??  previous articles said 2 cm extra in the front and more in the rear.

What are the 'elements' of the MQB platform we keep reading of, is it the Engine Mounts.? 

The Euro 6 engines are already now in the Polo 2014 Face Lift, and it did not require MQB 'Elements'

How do you get a 65 kg 'Average' lighter.

The Heaviest Model of the MK 2 was the vRS Estates & Hatches which are no more can not be included in any calculations of the old models and the New Versions,

so you need to work out how the rest of the Models of 'the All New 3rd Generation Fabia', compare to the the previous 

similar MK2 models.

I think Skoda Marketing & the UK Motoring Media & Journalists need to sit down and talk over the lack of real accurate information, not just re hash the guff Skoda /VW put out,

& sort out where it gets lost in translation, and from Chinese whispers.

One thing that is obvious is how the VW Polo will always be mentioned,

& the VWG like to never have the SEAT Ibiza or even the Leon mentioned as competition.

& heaven forbid, not the Skoda Rapid / Space Back.  (Lack of Space at the back.)

That is the price bracket & size bracket the top end All New 3rd Generation diesels is venturing into,

even into the Skoda Yeti petrols bottom prices.

With a good deal on a Yeti you might be getting a better deal than the new Released All New Fabias.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

The new Autocar review of the 1.4 TD SE is very encouraging. I do think its rather expensive at £15k. Will look to see whether they are building a margin to discount from. But the chassis sounded very impressive.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/skoda/fabia/first-drives/2014-skoda-fabia-14-tdi-se-first-drive-review

This is an encouraging review. Hopefully there will be some good discounting although I will be waiting for the estate before making a decision.

The car probably wasnt uk spec,so we may not have the equipment/ engine combo of their test car, probably uk spec will be bland and boring by comparison, given the spec differences between european and uk models in the mk3 octavia