Recommendations for a Candy white Fabia

Mr j

I'm after a bit of advice for products for the Furby as it is white what are the best available for this, I do tend to go from product to product but would like to nail down the best for the white vrs many thanks

IMO sealants are best on white, loads to choose from. I've used & can recommend Jetseal 109 & FK1000p

Have you used a de-iron on it, I bet you will be surprised about how much contamination will show up. White is a pain for showing up Tar as well.

Edited by NorthernMonkey
  • Like 2

I used iron x yesterday and was

surprised how much was showing on the bodywork, after

washing it again after the iron x I used a clay mitt and was really happy on how good the paintwork looked!

• Like 1

How often do you rewax or reseal usually?

This will help me to suggest the best product for your car

White cars benefit more from an application of Sealer, as this will bring out the refectivity more on white paintwork

Fortunately sealants tend to last longer ..apart from some very high end waxes.

If you want the maximum durability, then a ceramic sealant will be best, but can be difficult to apply for a novice

• Like 1

You will need to totally strip the car paintwork of any previous product

Polishing will enhance it further, then wipe down with IPA or other degreaser like Panel Wipe or Car Pro Eraser

Then apply the Sonax or sealant as instructed

You can then top up the sealant again after a few months

If youre not confident enough, I can help

• Like 1

Many thanks to the speedy responses some great products on here proves how good this forum is! I'm confident in decontaminating the car as I found out yesterday. I'm slowing building up the OCD armoury in cleaning products

IMO sealants are best on white, loads to choose from. I've used & can recommend Jetseal 109 & FK1000p

Have you used a de-iron on it, I bet you will be surprised about how much contamination will show up. White is a pain for showing up Tar as well.

White and Silver cars - i always fall back to FK1000P.

Cheap and versatile - but very durable. Great on alloys too by the way!

Not used Jetseal 109 - but again heard good things and super easy to buff off  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Yes it is

BUT

Polish contains oils which must be removed before the sealant is applied..Thats where degreasing products come in

Thanks Chris.

Intending to reseal my Candy White Yeti Oct half term. Did it when new in March with AF toughcoat so thought about due ready for winter.

Plan is to snow foam and wash, Iron X and remove tar spots. Then going to use AF tough prep.

Last time I didn't polish but have some Autoglym Super Resin polish in the garage so thought I would polish next.

Then degrease as you advise and then apply AF tough coat.

Normally apply Sonax BSD very three or four washes.

AGSRP is heavy with fillers, a very slight amount of abrasives.......and a slight amount of sealant

TBH.....I would get some 'proper' polish or a cleaner product...like DodoJuice Lime Prime...

...then apply your sealant...no need to degrease then as the Lime Prime will do that for you

• Like 2