K&N air filter

chewy

As Joel said you'll probably get more noise with a cone filter BUT, I suspect a little less power due to hot air from the engine...although I must admit I'm not entirely sure if hot air affects an NA engine the same as a forced fed one.

I suspect it does just that a forced fed one get more air in so the effects are more noticieable....ho hum.

I put a K&N panel in a few hundred miles ago when it was in having its 20,000 mile service and there was a definate improvement in the upper revs ie it pulled cleaner round and for longer. This might also have had something to do with the oil flush and change but Im convinced its worth the money myself :)

Lee

Hi Chewy, I've got one of those K&N filters, all boxed and very few miles in use. I removed K&N from my LX 1.6 sport before trading in for 4x4 hatch and as it's a different filter it didn't get any further milage! PM me if U R interested and want to save some